(Pour le CANADA)
POUR EVITER LES CHOCS ELECTRIQUES, INTRODUIRE
LA LAME LA PLUS LARGE DE LA FICHE DANS LA
BORNE CORRESPONDANTE DE LA PRISE ET POUSSER
9) Do not insert any metallic objects into the unit.
10) Unplug the power cord when there is a possibility of light-
11) If water gets inside the unit, unplug the power cord from the
outlet and consult your dealer.
12) Do not block the ventilation holes of the unit so that heat can
escape. Do not install the unit in a badly ventilated place.
13) Be sure to unplug the power cord from the outlet when going
out or when the unit is not in use for an extended period of
1) Avoid placing the unit on or adjacent to an amplifier, to pre-
vent hum from being produced by some types of amplifiers.
Move the unit to a place not affected by the amplifier. Keep
the unit as far as possible from a TV set.
2) Avoid installing the unit in a location subject to ambient tem-
peratures exceeding 40 °C (104 °F) (e.g. direct sunlight,
near heaters, etc.) or less than 0 °C (32 °F), excessive
humidity, dust or vibrations.
3) If this set is moved suddenly from a cold place (0 °C) to a
warm place, it may not function properly because of moisture
generated inside the unit. The unit will function properly
30 minutes after being moved.
3. Cleaning the cabinet
Never use benzine or thinner for cabinet cleaning as they may
damage the surface finish.
4. Cassette tape
1) Loose tape may become tangled in the tape transport
mechanism. Remove slack by winding the tape with a pen-
Turn the pencil to tighten the tape.
2) The use of C-120 (120 minutes turn around) or thinner tape
is not recommended, since characteristic deterioration may
3) To prevent recordings from being erased accidentally,
remove the tab(s) with a screwdriver. Reseal the slots with
adhesive tape to erase and re-record after the tabs have
been broken off.
4) Do not store cassette tapes where there is a magnetic field
(e.g. near a TV, etc.) or in a place subject to high tempera-
tures or humidity.
5. Auto tape select mechanism (decks A and B)
This deck has an Auto Tape Select mechanism which distin-
guishes between different types of tape from holes in the
cassette. After the type of tape has been detected, bias and
equalization are set to be suitable for the tape.
Cassettes with the detection holes:
Metal tape (EQ: 70µs) ........................................ Type IV
(chrome) tape (EQ: 70µs) .......................... Type II
Cassettes without the detection holes:
Normal tape (EQ: 120µs) ..................................... Type I
Some earlier types of metal and CrO
not be provided with the detection holes. Avoid using such
tapes, since correct equalization characteristics cannot be
obtained. Also do not use ferrochrome tapes whose charac-
teristics do not match this unit.
1) Noise may be generated if the
switched OFF with the deck set to playback or recording
mode. Before switching the
2) Many operations of this unit are performed under the control
of a microcomputer. Use the unit only after carefully studying
the descriptions and cautions in each item. If operations are
done incorrectly, the unit may stop functioning correctly. If
this happens, for the J version, unplug the power cord and
for the B version, set the
that the unit can function correctly.
– 4 –
POWER switch OFF, confirm
(stop) button has been pressed. (B version)
POWER switch to
(chrome) tapes may
Metal tape detection holes
POWER switch is