Bearing Inspection and/or
WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LIFT THE
ENTIRE MOTOR USING EYEBOLTS IN THE
UPPER-HALF END SHIELD.
FAILURE TO OBSERVE THIS PRECAUTION
EQUIPMENT, INJURY TO PERSONNEL, OR
GE Energy Motors GEEP-427-I
GEEP-427-I Pegasus, Horizontal Induction Motor
Bearings in split end shields
1. Remove the upper half of the end shield by
removing bolts (1) holding it to the frame, and two bolts
holding the upper half of the end shield to the bottom
half, and bolts (3) holding the upper half of the end
shield to the bearing housing.
2. Remove four bolts holding cover (6);remove
two bolts holding bearing cap (4) to the lower half of the
end shield and remove bearing cap.
3. Remove the four bolts ; holding the upper half
of bearing (5) to the lower half of bearing (9).
4. Remove the upper half of the bearing.
5. Jack up shaft (8) a few mils to remove the
weight of the rotor from the lower-half bearing surface.
6. Rotate the lower-half bearing around the shaft
Use a thin coating of gasket seal, Tight Seal or
equivalent, on joints of upper bearing cap and cover to
prevent oil leakage.
Copyright 2009, The General Electric Company, USA
TEWAC, Sleeve Bearing