EEEJENN-AIR Use and Care Manual 27" Expressions ® Convection Wall Oven Models W27400, WM27460, WW27430 _7400S, WW27430S _;.-.:.. .:_;:.. ::_y+.';!;_ ========================= ::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::_¢; MODEL WW27430 For Microwave Oven, refer to Else and Care M_nual pscked in Microwave Oven.
Should you have any questions about using your Jenn-Air oven, write to us. Be sure to provide the model number.
Baking Bak n Chart Causes of Cake Failure ..Convect Baking ... Convect Cooking on Multiple RacKs ... General Recommendations ... Before You Call For Service ... Broiling Broiling ... Bro ng Tips ... Broiling Chart ... Caring for Your Oven st Oven Temperature Adju Ch d Protection Lock •...
Read before operating your oven All appliances - regardless of the manufacturer - have the potential through improper or careless use to create safety problems. Therefore the following safety precautions should be observed: Be sure your appliance is properly installed and grounded by a qualified technician.
Listenfor fan. A fan noiseshouldbe heardduring the bake,convectbake, convect roast,broil and cleaning cycles, If not, call a serviceman. DO NOTTOUCH HEATINGELEMENTSOR INTERIORSURFACESOF OVEN. Heatingelementsmay be hot even though they are dark in color. Interiorsurfaces of anyoven become hot enoughto cause burns. During and after use, do not touch, or let clothing or other flammable materials contact heating elementsor interior surfaces of oven untilthey have had sufficienttime to cool.
The control panel is designed for ease in programming. Indicator Words which will flash to prompt you for the next step. To program 1. Touch the function pad to give command desired. 2. Touch the appropriate number pads to enter time or temperature. Note: Five seconds after entering the number, the time or temperature automatically be entered.
Pad for twelve seconds. (This will not eliminete the initial four short chimes). • To returq the "reminder"chimes, touch and hold the Cancel Off Pad for twelve seconds. Jenn-Air Service Contractoror installer. l NOTE: To changethe ovento a 24 hour clockor Celsius(C) degrees, contact yourauthorized i888c °888...
• _!;_:i _::i!_ To set oven on Bake or Convect Bake or Convect Roast 1. Place oven racks on proper rack positions• (See page 9.) 2, Touch Bake Pad or Convect Bake Pad or Convect Roast Pad. Indicator Words BAKE or CONV BAKE or CONV ROAST will flash and three dashes will be shown.
The rack positionsnoted are generallyrecommendedfor the best browningresults and most efficient cooking times. For many food items, excellent results can be achieved whenusingone of several differentrackpositions. Referto baking and roasting sections for recommendationsfor specific foods. Different Racks Two flat racksand one offset rack were packagedwith your oven. The use of the offset rack is denoted in the list below and the charts as an "o"...
When electrical power is supplied or after power interruption, the last clock time displayecLbeforepower was interrupted will flash. Time will advance and continue to flash until clock is reset. i, TOU_ _OCk PaCL (2:To_hbpOOpt_te.number To set Time of Day 1. Touch Clock Pad. IndicatorwordTIME will flashand time digits willappear in the Display.
Important: This interval Timer can be used to remind you when a period, up to 11 hoursand 55 minutes, expires. It canbe used independently of anyother oven activity and can be set while another oven function is operating. The_ Timer doe_s not control the oven.
steps 5 & 6 if you want baking to start To set oven to start immediatelyand shut off automatically 1, Teuch Bake Pad or Convect Bake Pad or Convect Roast Pad, Indicator Words BAKE or CONV BAKE or CONV ROAST will flash and three dashes will be shown.
To set oven to start at future time and shut off automatically 1-4. FollowprecedingSteps1-4, on page 12. TouchStop Time Pad. Indicator Words STOP and TIME will flash. Display will show the calculated stop time based on current time of day and cook time. Note WW27438 Owners: The appropriateletter (U - upper oven;...
• When cooking foods for the first time in your new oven, use recipe cooking times and temperatures as a guide. • Use tested recipes from reliable sources. • Preheat the oven only when necessary. For baked foods that rise and for richer browning, a preheated oven is better.
I Baking Chart I Note: For ConventionalBakeusethe Bake Pad. Product Rack andType Size POsi'don* Preheated*** "i-wne** I Preheated Time Yeow-2 a,o 0: 30or3 325:/22"0 White -2 ayers :3o0r3 Chocolate_21aYer. ` 9" . 3o0r3 AngelFoOd' tube 20 or 2 Pound Cake 9X5loaf CU_kes _pa_ 2o_4_ _5z 115"2°...
Flat Cake Uneven cakes Oven notlevel Batter uneven cake pans too close to ovenwallsor each other Sticksto pan ;'Cake:-icooled i n pan too long •Pan notgreasedand floureo Cracksand falls apart Removedtrompan too soon Too muchshortening,leaveningor sugar EXcesSive shrinkage 1 Oven too hot or overbaking from sidesof pan Overmixing Convect Baking R_mmendations...
For best results,bake foods on one rackat a time as describedin this manual. However, very good results can be obtained when baking quantities of foods on multiple racks. Quantity cooking provides both time and energy savings. Convect Bake is suggested for most multiple rack cooking, especially three rack cooking,becausethe circulating heatedair resultsin more even browning.
• Preheating is not necessary. • For open pan roasting,place meat or poultry on the slotted portion of the two-piece pan included with the oven. Do not add water to the pan. Use open pan roasting for tendercuts of meat. Less tender cuts of meat need to be cooked by moistheat in a covered pan.
Chart time is based on thawed meats only. For Conventional Roasting use the Bake Pad. * When using the Convect Roast mode, there is no need to preheat the oven or to lower the temperature from conventional roast temperatures. ** Not recommended for convection cooking. Most precooked hams have to be covered white roasting, thus there would be no time savings from using the convect mode.
• Tender cuts of meat and poultry can be roasted to a rich golden brown in the convection oven. Follow general recommendationsfor roasting and use ¢onvect Roast. • Refer to convection meat roasting chart for recommended cooking temperature and time. The chart can serve as a guide to help plan meal serving time. •...
• Use the Convect Roast Pad for best results. • Preheating the oven is not necessary. • Follow package recommendationsfor oven temperature, foil covering and use of cookie sheets. Cooking timeswill be similar. See chart belowfor some exceptions and examples. •...
IHow t o Install and Set t_,e Probe 1 BASIC to start coo 1. Insert the probe into the food item. For meats, the probe tipshould be located in the center of the thickest part of the moat and not in fat or touching a bone. Place the food in the oven using the rack To set probe feature position suggested on page 9.
4. Touch Bake Pad or Convect Bake Pad or Convect Roast Pad. indicator Words BAKE or CONV BAKE or CONV ROAST will flash and Display will show three dashes, 5. Touch the appropriate number pads for desired oven temperature. Example: If at 10 o'clock you set the oven for a probe temperature and to convection roast at 3250 , after five seconds the Display will show: When selected temperature has been reached, the oven will shut off and a chime will sound four times.
Fifteenseconds later, the Display will returnto currenttime of day and the Indicator Word TIMED win appear in the Display. 8. Touch StopTime Pad. Indicator Words STOP TIME will flash. Displaywill show the calculated stop time based on current time of day and cook time. Note: Probe set temperaturewill control the actual bake time.
• The probe should be located in the center of the thickest part of a roast. Plan the placement of the probe tip by laying it lengthwise on the outside of the meat, marking with finger where edge of meat comes on the probe. Insert probe into thickest part of muscle up to the marking held by finger.
5. Touch Cancel Off Pad to turn off oven when food is cooked, will cycle on and off. If the fan does not operate, contact your authorized Jenn-Air Service Contractor for repair. l NOTE: A fan comeson during the BROIL cycle. If it does not, the ovenbroil element ( ¸...
• The probe should be located in the center of the thickest part of a roast. Plan the placement of the probe tip by laying it lengthwise on the outside of the meat, marking with finger where edge of meat comes on the probe, rnsert probe into thickest part of muscle up to the marking held by finger.
Whenthe ovencontrolsare set to CLEAN,the ovenheats to temperatures that are higher than those used for cooking. The high temperaturescause food soil to burn off and substantiallydisappear. While this occurs, a device in the oven vent helps to consume normalamountsofsmoke. Theovenis ventedthroughan openingunderthecontrol panel. Note WW27430Owners: Both ovens cannot be self-cleanedat the same time.
*Omit steps 4 & 5 if you wish cleaning to begin immediately. To set oven to start cleaning immediately 1. Close the oven door. 2. Touch Clean Pad of oven to be cleaned. Indicator Words Clean Time will flash and Display will show " NoteWW27430 Owners:The appropriateletter (U-upperoven;...
To set oven to start cleaning at a later time 1-3. Follow Steps 1-3 in previous section on page 29. 4. Touch Stop Time Pad. Indicator Words STOP TIME will flash in the Display. The IndicatorWord CLEAN and the calculated stop time will also appear in Display. Note WW27430 Owners:The appropriateletter (U-upperoven;L-loweroven) and OVEN will also flash.
If the fan does not operate, contact your authorized Jenn-Air Service Contractor for service. • A slight odor may be detected, and if an oven is heavily soiled, some smoke may be visible.
• Ifrackshavebeenleftinovenduringtheeleaningprocess, as follows. After the cleaningprocess is completedand the ovenhas cooled, buff the underside of rack edges with Scotch-Brite scour pad or rub lightly the underside of rack edges with a coating of vegetable oil. Use a light application of oil so it does not soil the oven.
Rinseand dry. Stubbornsoils may be removedwith a damp Scotch-Britepad; rub evenly with the grain. Rinseand dry.To restorelusterand remove streaks, follow with Stainless Steel Magic Spray (Jenn-Air Model A912, Part No. 2OOO0O08). Discoloration - Using a damp sponge or soft cloth, wipe with Cameo Stainless Steel Cleaner.
The oven temperature can be adjusted if all oven temperatures are too low or too high and the length of time to cook ALL foods is too long or too short. Do NOT adjust the temperature if only one or two items are not baking properly. To adjust 1.
Checkthe following list to be sure a service call is realiy necessary. A quick reference of this manual may prevent an unneeded service call. If nothing on the oven operates: • check for a blown circuit fuse or a tripped main circuit breaker. •...
• Fault codes are shown in the Displayas "F" and a number. If a fault code appears in the Displayand a continuousbeep sounds,touch the Cancel Off Pad. If the fault code reappears, disconnect power to the oven and call an authorized Jenn-Air ServiceContractor.