90558475 SL331B.qxp:SL331B ManualENSPFR 072408
• Use of improper extension cord could result in a risk of fire, electric shock or electrocution.
• Use only the supplied chargers when charging this spotlight. The use of any other charger could damage the
spotlight or create a hazardous condition.
• Do not attempt to charge the unit if the charger plug is damaged— return the unit to manufacturer for repair.
• Do not attempt to open the charger. There are no customer serviceable parts inside. Return to manufacturer for
• All ON/OFF switches should be in the OFF position when the unit is charging or not in use. Make sure all
switches are in the OFF position before connection to a power source or load.
• After charging/recharging, disconnect extension cord and wait 5 minutes before use.
• This unit contains a non-spillable battery. To avoid possible damage that may shorten the unit's working life,
protect it from direct sunlight, direct heat and/or moisture.
• FIRST AID – SKIN: If battery acid comes in contact with skin, rinse immediately with water, then wash
thoroughly with soap and water. If redness, pain, or irritation occurs, seek immediate medical attention.
EYES: If battery acid comes in contact with eyes, flush eyes immediately, for a minimum of 15 minutes and seek
immediate medical attention.
• This unit is delivered in a partially charged state. Fully charge unit for 18-24 hours before using for the first time.
• Read And Understand This Instruction Manual Before Using This Unit.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for choosing the Black & Decker
Halogen Spotlight. Please read this guide carefully before use to
ensure optimum performance and to avoid damage to the unit.
• Powerful, focused quartz halogen beam
• Safety cap protects 120 volt AC charger
• Comfortable pistol grip and carry lanyard
• Swing-up stand for hands-free operation
• Charge Status LED Indicator
• UL listed, built-in 120 volt AC charger that works with a standard household extension cord (not included)
• Rechargeable, non-spillable, sealed lead acid battery
Controls and Functions
QUARTZ HALOGEN BULB
PISTOL GRIP HANDLE
CHARGING/RECHARGING THE SPOTLIGHT
This unit is shipped in a partially charged state. Charge unit BEFORE first use using the 120 Volt AC Charger for
18-24 hours. Charge after each use.
CHARGE STATUS LED
120 VOLT AC CHARGER
(BACK OF UNIT)
TRIGGER LOCK BAR
Charging/Recharging Using the 120 Volt AC Charger and a Standard Household
Extension Cord (not included)
Plug a standard North American 120 volt AC extension cord (not included) into the 120 Volt AC Charger on the
back of the unit.
CHARGE STATUS LED
BUILT-IN 120V AC
Make sure the Spotlight is OFF (the Trigger Lock is in the OFF position and the Trigger is not depressed).
The Charge Status LED Indicator will light to indicate the unit is charging.
To extend battery life, disconnect the charger after 48 hours.
All batteries lose charge with time, especially when they are warm. Recharge the unit every two months for 18-24
hours when not in frequent use.
If the unit is not going to be used for extended periods, disconnect the charger and store in a cool, dry place.
To turn the Spotlight ON, depress the Trigger. To turn it OFF, release the
To lock the Trigger in the ON position, depress the Trigger, then press the
Trigger Lock Button. The Trigger will be locked in the ON position. If the
Spotlight Trigger is released when the Trigger Lock Button is pressed,
the Trigger will be locked in the OFF position.
To unlock the Trigger, press the Trigger Unlock Button.
Using the Swing-up Stand
Snap the Swing-up Stand up, invert the unit and set it upon a flat, stable surface for hands-free operation.
Using the Built-In Carry Lanyard
The Carry Lanyard may be used to store or carry the Spotlight; and also allows you to position the Spotlight for
convenient, hands-free operation.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF PRODUCT DAMAGE:
• Only use the Carry Lanyard for carrying or hanging the Spotlight. The Carry Lanyard is not intended to support
additional weight. Do not attach or hang anything additional to the light or risk of breakage may occur.
• When light is hung by the Carry Lanyard, do not shake the light or object that it is hanging from. Do not hang
the light from electrical wires or anything that it is not secure.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
All batteries lose charge with time, especially when they are warm. Recharge the unit every two months when not
in frequent use.
Never submerge the unit in water. If the unit gets dirty, gently clean the outer surfaces of the spotlight unit with a
soft cloth moistened with a mild solution of water and detergent.
There are no user-replaceable parts in the Spotlight. Periodically inspect the condition of adapters, connectors and
wires. Contact Technical Support toll-free at 1-800-544-6986 to replace any components that have become worn