90558474 SL302B.qxp:SL302B ManualENSPFR 073008
• Note: To ensure maximum battery life do not overcharge. Only charge until the green LED charge status indicator
• Do not expose charger to rain or snow. Use in a dry location only.
• Do not crush, cut, pull or expose charger cords to extreme heat.
• Position charger cords so they do not become entangled or become a safety hazard. Keep charger cords away
from sharp edges.
• To reduce risk of damage to plug and cord, pull by plug rather than cord when disconnecting unit from the charger.
• Use of improper extension cord could result in a risk of fire, electric shock or electrocution.
• Use only the supplied chargers when charging this spotlight. The use of any other charger could damage the
spotlight or create a hazardous condition.
• Use only one charger when charging.
• Do not attempt to charge the unit if the charger plug is damaged— return the unit to manufacturer for repair.
• Do not attempt to open the charger. There are no customer serviceable parts inside. Return to manufacturer for
• All ON/OFF switches should be in the OFF position when the unit is charging or not in use. Make sure all
switches are in the OFF position before connection to a power source or load.
• After charging/recharging, disconnect charger or extension cord and wait 5 minutes before use.
• This unit contains a non-spillable battery. To avoid possible damage that may shorten the unit's working life,
protect it from direct sunlight, direct heat and/or moisture.
• FIRST AID – SKIN: If battery acid comes in contact with skin, rinse immediately with water, then wash
thoroughly with soap and water. If redness, pain, or irritation occurs, seek immediate medical attention.
EYES: If battery acid comes in contact with eyes, flush eyes immediately, for a minimum of 15 minutes and seek
immediate medical attention.
• This unit is delivered in a partially charged state. Fully charge unit for 18-24 hours using the AC charging
method before using for the first time. Green indicator will light when fully charged.
• Read And Understand This Instruction Manual Before Using This Unit.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for choosing the Black & Decker
V-2 Million Power Series
carefully before use to ensure optimum performance and to avoid damage to the unit.
• Powerful, focused quartz halogen beam with Dimmer Switch for high and low settings
• Safety cap protects 120 volt AC charger
• Comfortable pistol grip, handle and carry lanyard
• Charge Status LED Indicator
• UL listed, built-in 120 volt AC charger that works with a standard household extension cord (not included)
• 12 volt DC charging adapter included
• Rechargeable, non-spillable, sealed lead acid battery
Controls and Functions
QUARTZ HALOGEN BULB
12 VOLT DC CHARGING PORT
(UNDERSIDE OF UNIT)
Spotlight. Please read this guide
CHARGE STATUS LED
120 VOLT AC CHARGER
(BACK OF UNIT)
PISTOL GRIP HANDLE
CHARGING/RECHARGING THE SPOTLIGHT
This unit is shipped in a partially charged state. Charge unit BEFORE first use using the 120 Volt AC Charger for
18-24 hours or until the green Battery Status LED Indicator lights. Charge after each use until green Charge
Status LED Indicator lights.
Charging/Recharging Using the 120 Volt AC
Charger and a Standard Household
Extension Cord (not included)
Plug a standard North American 120 volt AC extension
cord (not included) into the 120 Volt AC Charger on the
back of the unit.
Make sure the Spotlight is OFF (the Trigger Lock is in the OFF
position and the Trigger is not depressed).
Charge for 18-24 hours or until the green Battery Status LED
Notes: To extend battery life, disconnect the charger after 48 hours.
All batteries lose charge with time, especially when they are warm. Recharge the unit every two months
for 18-24 hours when not in frequent use.
If the unit is not going to be used for extended periods, disconnect the charger and store in a cool, dry place.
Charging/Recharging Using the 12 Volt DC Charging Adapter
Plug the barrel tip of the supplied 12 Volt DC Charging Adapter into the 12 Volt DC Charging Port (shown in the
12 VOLT DC CHARGING ADAPTER
Insert the 12 volt DC plug end into the accessory outlet of your vehicle or other 12 volt DC power source.
Make sure the Spotlight is OFF (the Trigger Lock is in the OFF position and the Trigger is not depressed).
Charge until the green Charge Status LED Indicator lights.
Notes:When using a vehicle's 12 volt DC accessory outlet as a charging source, be aware that some vehicles
require you to turn on the ignition to power the accessory outlet.
To avoid deeply discharging your vehicle battery we recommend to have the vehicle running while
recharging the light with the DC recharge adapter.
WARNING: NEVER ATTEMPT TO USE THE AC CHARGER AND DC CHARGING PORT SIMULTANEOUSLY.
The Trigger Switch is located on the front of the pistol-grip handle of the spotlight (refer to the "Controls and
• Turn on the Spotlight by squeezing the ON/OFF Trigger.
• Turn off the Spotlight by releasing the ON/OFF Trigger.
To lock the Trigger in the ON position for continuous operation, squeeze the ON/OFF Trigger and slide theTrigger
Lock Button located on the side on the handle DOWN (refer to the "Controls and Functions" illustration). The
Spotlight will stay ON until you slide the Trigger Lock Button back UP.
The Dimmer Switch is located on the top of the Spotlight (refer to the "Controls and Functions" illustration).
Sliding the switch forward (toward the Spotlight bulb) sets the Spotlight on High Beam; sliding the switch
backward sets the Spotlight on Low Beam.
Using the Carry Handle as a Stand For Hands-Free Operation
Invert the unit to use the Carry Handle as a stand, and set it upon a flat, stable surface for hands-free operation.
Using the Built-In Carry Lanyard
The Carry Lanyard may be used to store or carry the Spotlight; and also allows you to position the Spotlight for
convenient, hands-free operation.
CHARGE STATUS LED
BUILT-IN 120V AC
12 VOLT DC
(UNDERSIDE OF UNIT)