A. Windows® 98/ME/NT
Click Start → Programs → Accessories →
Internet Tools → NetMeeting.
B. Windows® 2000/XP
Click Start → Programs → Accessories → Communications
If NetMeeting is not there or on your desktop, go to Run in the
Start Menu. In the Open box enter "conf", then Enter.
Setting Up NetMeeting for first time users
1. Click Next on the initial NetMeeting screen.
2. Type in the appropriate information for First Name, Last Name,
and E-Mail Address. The Location and Comments fields are
optional. Click Next.
3. Select the box next to Log into a directory server when
NetMeeting starts. Use the default Microsoft Internet Directory
as the Server name. (You may enter another server name.) If you
do not want your name listed in the directory, select the box next to
Do not list my name in the directory. Click Next.
4. Select the option that best describes your internet connection. Click
5. Select the location(s) in which you would like NetMeeting
shortcuts to be placed from the options provided. Click Next.
6. The Audio Tuning Wizard will run next. Close all applications that
play or record sound. If you have speakers, make sure they are on.
If you have a microphone, make sure it is plugged in. Follow the
instructions, and click Next when you are finished with each
7. After you start NetMeeting, all of the set up information you
entered can be modified in the Options and Tools menus.