Meat storage guide
Store most meat in original wrapping as long as it is airtight and
moisture-proof. Rewrap if necessary. See the following chart for
storage times. When storing meat longer than the times given,
freeze the meat.
Fresh fish or shellfish ................. use same day as purchased
Chicken, ground beef, variety meats (liver)............... 1-2 days
Cold cuts, steaks/roasts ........................................... 3-5 days
Cured meats ........................................................... 7-10 days
Leftovers - Cover leftovers with plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or
plastic containers with tight lids.
Crisper and Crisper Cover
(on some models)
To remove and replace the crisper(s):
1. Slide crisper(s) straight out to the stop. Lift the front and slide
the crisper(s) out the rest of the way.
2. Replace the crisper(s) by sliding the crisper(s) in fully past the
To remove and replace the plastic cover:
1. Remove the crisper(s).
2. Lift the front of the cover to remove the cover support. Then
lift the cover up and slide it out.
3. Replace the cover by fitting the cover tabs into lowest cabinet
slots and pushing them in. Lower the front retainers into
4. Insert cover support (with the long tab toward the front) into
the groove on the underside of the cover.
NOTE: If the support needs adjustment, turn base clockwise
to raise or counter-clockwise to lower.
To remove and replace the glass cover:
1. Pull the glass straight out.
2. Replace the glass by pushing it straight in.
Fruit and vegetable storage guide
Fruits: Wash, let dry and store in refrigerator in plastic bag or
crisper. Do not wash or hull berries until they are ready to use.
Sort and keep berries in original container in crisper, or store in a
loosely closed paper bag on a refrigerator shelf.
Vegetables with skins: Place in plastic bags or plastic container
and store in crisper.
Leafy vegetables: Wash in cold water, drain and trim or tear off
bruised and discolored areas. Place in plastic bag or plastic
container and store in crisper.
Utility or Egg Bin
(on some models -Accessory)
Depending on your model, you may have a one, two or three
piece bin. Eggs may be stored in the egg tray or loose in the bin.
NOTE: Store eggs in a covered container for long term
storage. If your model does not have an egg storage bin,
store eggs in their original container on an interior shelf.
Your model may have some or all of these features. Features that
can be purchased separately as product accessories are labeled
with the word "Accessory." Not all accessories will fit all models.
If you are interested in purchasing one of the accessories, please
call the toll-free number on the cover or in the "Assistance or
(on some models)
To remove and replace the freezer shelf:
1. Remove items from the shelf.
2. Lift back of shelf over stop and slide shelf straight out.
3. Replace the shelf by sliding the back of the shelf into the
tracks on walls of cabinet.
4. Be sure to slide the shelf in all the way.