The safety aspects of our refrigerators/freezers comply with accepted tech-
nical standards and the German Appliance Safety Law. Nevertheless, we
consider it our obligation to make you aware of the following safety infor-
• The refrigerator is intended for use in the home. It is suitable for the coo-
ling, freezing and storing of frozen food, as well as for making ice. If the
appliance is used for purposes other than those intended or used incor-
rectly, no liability can be accepted by the manufacturer for any damage
that may be caused.
• Alterations or changes to the freezer are not permitted for reasons of
• If you use the refrigerator in a commercial application or for purposes
other than the cooling, freezing or frozen storage of foods, please obser-
ve all valid legal regulations for your application.
Prior to initial start–up
• Check the refrigerator for transport damage. Under no circumstance
should a damaged appliance be plugged in! In the event of damage, please
contact the vendor.
The refrigerant isobutane (R600a) is contained within the refrigerant circuit
of the appliance, a natural gas with a high level of environmental compa-
tibility, which is nevertheless flammable.
• During transportation and installation of the appliance, be certain that
none of the components of the refrigerant circuit become damaged.
• If the refrigerant circuit should become damaged:
– avoid open flames and sources of ignition;
– thoroughly ventilate the room in which the appliance is situated.
Safety of children
• Packaging (e.g. wraps, polystyrene) can be dangerous for children. There is
a risk of suffocation! Keep packaging material away from children!
• Please make old appliances unusable prior to disposal. Pull out the mains
plug, cut off the mains cable, break or remove spring or boltcatches, if fit-
ted. By doing this you ensure that children cannot lock themselves in the