the air discharge area or front grill of the unit.
• Do not start or stop the dehumidiﬁ er by
unplugging the power cord or turning off the
power at the electrical box.
• Do not cut or damage the power cord. If the
power cord is damaged, it should only be
replaced by an authorized Electrolux servicer.
• In the event of a malfunction (sparks, burning
smell, etc.), immediately stop the operation,
disconnect the power cord, and call an
authorized Electrolux servicer.
• Do not operate the dehumidiﬁ er with wet
• Do not pull on the power cord.
• Do not drink any water from the dehumidiﬁ er.
Avoid Injury or damage to the unit or other
• Do not direct airﬂ ow at ﬁ replaces or other
heat related sources as this could cause ﬂ are
• Do not climb on or place objects on the unit.
• Do not hang objects off the unit.
• Do not place containers with liquids on the
• Turn off the dehumidiﬁ er at the power source
when it will not be used for an extended
period of time.
• Operate the unit with air ﬁ lter in place.
• Do not block or cover the intake grill,
discharge area and outlet ports.
• Ensure that any electrical/electronic
equipment is one yard away from the unit.
• Do not use or store ﬂ ammable gases near
BEFORE FIRST USE
Selecting a location
1. Dehumidiﬁ er must be operated in an
enclosed area to be most effective. Close all
doors, windows, and other outside openings
to the room. The effectiveness of the
dehumidiﬁ er depends on the rate at which
new moisture-laden air enters the room.
2. Place dehumidiﬁ er in a location that does not
restrict airﬂ ow through the front of the unit or
out of the louvres on the left side of cabinet.
3. A dehumidiﬁ er operating in a basement will
have little or no effect in drying an adjacent
enclosed storage area, such as a closet,
unless there is adequate circulation of air in
and out of the area. lt may be necessary to
install a second dehumidiﬁ er in the enclosed
area for satisfactory drying.
4. The dehumidiﬁ er must be installed on a level
ﬂ oor that will support it with a full bucket of
5. There should be a minimum of 12 inches
clearance around the dehumidiﬁ er.
How it works
When the unit is started, the fan begins to pull
moisture-laden air across the dehumidifying
coils. The coils condense or draw moisture
from the air, and air ﬂ ows through the side
louvres into the room as dry, warm air. Moisture
removed from air is collected in a bucket on the
front of the dehumidiﬁ er.
The unit is designed to operate between
5°C (41°F) and 35°C (96°F). The unit will not
work properly if the temperature is out of this
temperature range, or the performance of the
unit will fall greatly.
The "Compressor" circuit has an automatic 3
minute time delayed start if the unit is turned off
and on quickly.
This prevents overheating of the compressor
and possible circuit breaker tripping. Make sure
the tank is ﬁ tted correctly otherwise unit will not