Enclosure Installation Procedures
The DCS9550 1S1 Storage Expansion Unit is designed for installation into an industry
standard 19 inch cabinet capable of holding the unit.
• Minimum depth: 500 mm from front flange to rear metalwork (excludes rear cabling).
• Weight: up to 37kg dependent upon configuration per enclosure.
• Clearances: a minimum gap of 25mm (1inch) clearance between the rack cover and front
• Maximum back pressure: The rack should present a maximum back pressure of 5 pascals
Rack Mounting Rail Kit
A set of mounting rails is available for use in 19 inch rack cabinets. These rails have been
designed and tested to handle the maximum enclosure weight and to ensure that multiple
DCS9550 1S1 Storage Expansion Unit may be installed without loss of space within the rack.
Use of other mounting hardware may cause some loss of rack space.
Parts Check List
• Rack Mounting Rail Kit
Parts Check List
• Chassis (complete with Backplane and Ops Panel installed but excluding all plug-in
IBM System Storage DCS9550 1S1 Storage Expansion Unit Installation, Service, and User Guide
The DCS9550 1S1 Storage Expansion Unit with all its component parts
installed is too heavy for a single person to easily install into a Rack
cabinet. The following procedures describe the installation of the DCS9550
1S1 Storage Expansion Unit and highlights any critical co-requisite
requirements and good handling practices which you should follow so as
to ensure that a successful installation is achieved in the easiest manner.
Ensure that you have fitted and checked a suitable anti-static
wrist or ankle strap and observe all conventional ESD
precautions when handling DCS9550 1S1 Storage Expansion
Unit modules and components. Avoid contact with Backplane
components and module connectors, etc.
of drawer; and 50mm (2 inches) rear clearance between rear of drawer and rear of rack is
recommended in order to maintain the correct air flow around the enclosure.
(0.5mm water gauge).