P r e f a c e
Korean Class A Electronic Emission Statement
Rack System Precautions
The following safety requirements must be considered when the product is mounted in a rack.
Caution ! It is recommended that you wear a working (examine before wearing) anti-static wrist or ankle
• Before beginning product installation, power down your host computer and all attached peripheral
• Disk drives are fragile. Handle them with care, and keep them away from strong magnetic fields.
• All the supplied plug-in modules and blanking plates must be in place for the air to flow correctly around
the enclosure and to complete the internal circuitry.
• If the subsystem is used with modules or blanking plates missing for more than a few minutes, the
enclosure can overheat, causing power failure and data loss.
• If you remove any drive module, you may lose data.
• If you remove a drive module, replace it immediately. Replace it with a drive module of the same type
• Do not abandon your backup routines. No system is completely foolproof.
Do not slide more than one product enclosure chassis out of the
rack at a time, to avoid the rack from toppling over.
strap and observe all conventional ESD precautions when handling Chassis slug-in modules and
components. Avoid contact with backplane components, module connectors, etc.
IBM System Storage DCS9550 1S1 Storage Expansion Unit Installation, Service, and User Guide