PORTABLE DIGITAL WIRELESS MONITORING SYSTEM USER MANUAL MODEL: SEW-3030...
Disclaimer Samsung Techwin makes the best to verify the integrity and correctness of the contents in this document, but no formal guarantee shall be provided. Use of this document and the subsequent results shall be entirely on the user’s own responsibility.
Caution if you use the system to watch a young child, do not place the camera where the child can reach. When using the system with only battery power and the charge is low, then the picture and or sound may affected. If this occurs then please connect the AC power adaptor and/or replace with new batteries.
• Do not use extension cords with the AC power adapters to avoid entanglement. • This product should only be serviced by qualified and authorized Samsung service centers. • Images and sounds are transmitted by the product over public airwaves and transmissions may be picked up by other units.
Features • Samsung’s digital wireless technology provides excellent image quality and clarity. • Virtually eliminates interference using a secure and private signal • Up to 100 m / 330 ft wireless open space transmission range. The actual range may vary depending on the use environment.
Contents Features ..........Getting Started .
Getting Started The system comes with the following components: Wireless Camera Wireless Receiver Power Adapter Power Adapter USB Cable RCA Cable User Manual Warranty Card Wire Clips Screws (For Camera) (For Receiver) Check your package to confirm that you have received the complete system, including all components shown above .
• Press the [M] key to manually switch between cameras. Menu Mode: Use the [+/–/A/M] keys to navigate in Menu Mode. Press the OK button to confirm the menu selection. 5. MENU Button – Press to access the receiver menu. Press the button again to exit.
Button – Press the button to start or stop the built-in tunes Button – Press the button to play next tune. 14. TALK Button – Press down and hold the button to talk back to the camera currently being displayed on the LCD screen.
Wireless Receiver Installation After opening the box, fully charge the monitor before use. After initial charge, recharge as needed. 1. Place the receiver in a place that will have clear reception with your camera(s). 2. If you wish to view the receiver images on a larger screen, connect the included AV cable to the receiver, and connect the other end of the cable to the Video IN (Yellow) and Audio IN (White) ports on the TV, VCR or other viewing/recording device.
5. Microphone – Receives sounds for the area near the camera, and transmits sound from the camera to the receiver. 6. Pair Button – The pair button is located on the back of the camera behind by the stand mount. 7.
Side Controls 9. Sound Alarm Trigger – Adjust the sensitivity knob to set the sound alarm sensitivity. The receiver will beep to alert you when the sound is above a preset sound level. Adjust to increase or decrease the level of sensitivity. 10.
Night Vision This camera has built-in IR LED’s, which provides the camera with the ability to view images in no/low light conditions. It is important to use the provided power adaptor (and not the batteries) when using the camera for prolonged periods in low light conditions, as the built-in IR LED’s will deplete the battery more quickly than regular daytime use.
Connecting Camera Power The camera can be powered either by using the provided power adaptor or using batteries (requires 3 AA type batteries, not included). NOTE: Wireless cameras require a power source (either an electrical outlet or battery power) to operate. If you plan to permanently mount the camera in a location, it is recommended to use the included camera power adaptor to prevent interruptions in the image, as using battery power is intended as a temporary power solution.
BATTERY WARNING When using the product in portable mode, check batteries regularly. DO NOT use the monitor in portable mode when batteries are low. • DISPOSE OF OR RECYCLE BATTERIES PROPERLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS, which may vary by location. •...
Adjusting the Receiver Volume The receiver volume can be adjusted by using the [+/–] keys when viewing a camera. Press the [–] key to decrease the volume, and press the [+] key to increase the volume. When the volume is set to one bar (lowest setting), the volume will be muted and no sound will be emitted by the device.
Brightness The Brightness menu is used to adjust the brightness of the image. Use the [+] and [–] keys to change the bar from DARKEST to BRIGHTEST. Press the OK button to confirm the change. Zoom The image can be set at original size or double size by selecting zoom x1 and zoom x 2.
If POWER SAVING mode is deactivated by pushing [A], [M] and SLEEP, the monitor will go back to black screen after the time you set if there is no sound trigger during that time. If POWER SAVING mode is deactivated by a sound trigger, the device will go back to black screen approximately 8 seconds after the last trigger.
Auto mute This function automatically cuts off the audio when there is only slight environmental noise on the camera side. Choose Yes to enable this function. Use the [+] and [–] keys to select the Auto Mute, Press M button to submenu on the right .Use the [+] and [–] keys for difference option and press OK to confirm the change.
Date Setting You can set the date value with year, month, date to show in the monitor screen. Use the [+] and [–] keys to select the Date Setting, Press [M] key to submenu on the right .Use [A] and [M] keys to select YYYY,MM,DD ,then use the [+] and [–] keys or set the date value .
Temp. Unit You can select the temperature unit ℃ or ℉ for you option to show in the screen Use the [+] and [–] keys to select the Temp. Unit, Press [M] key to submenu on the right .Use the [+] and [–] keys for difference option and press OK to confirm the change.
Factory Reset Choose Yes to reset the receiver to factory defaults – all menu settings will be reset. NOTE: Camera pairing settings will NOT be affected by a reset. The camera will remain paired with the receiver. Use the [+] and [–] keys to select the Factory Reset, Press [M] key to submenu on the right .Use the [+] and [–] keys for difference option and press OK to confirm...
1. Power on the camera by connecting the power adaptor or battery pack, and turning the switch to ON. The power LED for the camera should be ON. 2. Power on the receiver by connecting the power adaptor to the power Input on the side. 3.
Hardware and CD driver installation 1. Put CD into CD ROM on computer and click the icon of Install USB Driver to run installation program. 2. Click the “Next>” button to continue...
3. Select “I accept the terms of the license agreement” and then press “Next>” button. 4. Click the “Browse” button, select the destination folder and then press “Next>” button.
5. Press the “Finish” button to complete the driver program. 6. Power on the camera and receiver. Use the included USB cable to connect the receiver to the computer. You will see “Found New Hardware” at the bottom right of the computer. (Make sure the camera and receiver are paired first.
7. After connecting the USB cable to the computer, you will see “Found New Hardware Wizard”. Select “No, not at this time” and press the “Next” button to continue. 8. Select “Install the software automatically (Recommended)”, and press the “Next>” button to continue.
9. Select “Continue Anyway” 10. Copy the driver and wait to finish. 11. After installation is finished, you can find “Wireless Monitoring System” in the Device Manager (Note: It can also work as a wireless webcam for MSN Messenger and SKYPE after installation is complete).
Troubleshooting If you have problems with the system, there is often a quick and simple solution. Please try the following: Problem Solution 1. Check all connections to the camera. Make sure the adaptor is plugged in. No picture from a 2.
Appendix #1 - Receiver Specifications Receiver Receiving Frequency 2.400GHz~2.4835GHz Range Data Rate 2.0 Mbps Receiving Sensitivity -81dBm Demodulation Type GFSK with FHSS Resolution 320 (RGB) x 240 Viewing Angle H: 120° V: 100° A/V Output / VGA 640x480 / 10FPS, QVGA 320x240 / 25FPS Resolution Power Requirement 5V DC ±5%...
Appendix #2 - Camera Specifications Camera(s) Transmit Frequency Range 2.400GHz~2.4835GHz Data Rate 2.0 Mbps Transmitting Power 14dBm (TYP) Modulation Type GFSK with FHSS Transmitting Distance 100m (Line of Sight) Image Sensor Type 1/4” Color CMOS Image Sensor Effective Pixels H: 640 V: 480 Image Processing Motion JPEG H: 640 V: 480 / 30FPS Max (the IR LED’s will...
TEMPLATE This template is used to install the camera on the wall 67mm [2.638inch] Screw holes for the Camera installation CAMERA FRONT...