3.3. Operating range
Cooling/ Dry Mode
About 64 to 90 °F
About 80% or less
4. ELECTRICAL REQUIREMENT
The indoor unit is powered from the outdoor unit or branch
box. Do not power indoor unit from separate power source.
Refer to local codes for acceptable cable type.
Connection cable 14AWG
Max. Cable Length: Limit voltage drop to less than 2%.
Increase cable gauge if voltage drop is 2% or more.
5. SELECTING THE MOUNTING POSITION
Decide the mounting position with the customer as follows:
(1) Install the indoor unit level on a strong wall which is not
subject to vibration.
(2) The inlet and outlet ports should not be obstructed : the air
should be able to blow all over the room.
(3) Install the unit a dedicated electrical branch circuit.
(4) Do not install the unit where it will be exposed to direct sunlight.
(5) Install the unit where connection to the outdoor unit or
branch box is easy.
(6) Install the unit where the drain pipe can be easily installed.
(7) Take servicing, etc. into consideration and leave the
spaces shown in [6.1. Installation dimensions]. Also install
the unit where the filter can be removed.
Correct initial installation location is important because it is
difﬁ cult to move unit after it is installed.
• Select installation locations that can properly support the
weight of the indoor. Install the units securely so that they
do not topple or fall.
• Do not install the unit in the following areas:
• Area with high salt content, such as at the seaside.
It will deteriorate metal parts, causing the parts to fail or
the unit to leak water.
• Area ﬁ lled with mineral oil or containing a large amount
of splashed oil or steam, such as a kitchen.
It will deteriorate plastic parts, causing the parts to fail or
the unit to leak water.
• Area that generates substances that adversely affect
the equipment, such as sulfuric gas, chlorine gas, acid,
It will cause the copper pipes and brazed joints to
corrode, which can cause refrigerant leakage.
• Area that can cause combustible gas to leak, contains
suspended carbon ﬁ bers or ﬂ ammable dust, or volatile
inﬂ ammables such as paint thinner or gasoline.
If gas leaks and settles around the unit, it can cause a ﬁ re.
• Area where animals may urinate on the unit or ammonia
may be generated.
About 60 to 88 °F
3 cable + Ground, 1 Ø 208/230V
• Do not use the unit for special purposes, such as storing
food, raising animals, growing plants, or preserving
precision devices or art objects.
It can degrade the quality of the preserved or stored
• Do not install where there is the danger of combustible
• Do not install the unit near a source of heat, steam, or
ﬂ ammable gas.
• Install the unit where drainage does not cause any trouble.
• Install the indoor unit, outdoor unit, branch box , power
supply cable, transmission cable, and remote controller
cable at least 40 in. (1 m) away from a television or radio
receivers. The purpose of this is to prevent TV reception
interference or radio noise. (Even if they are installed
more than 40 in. (1 m) apart, you could still receive noise
under some signal conditions.)
• If children under 10 years old may approach the unit, take
preventive measures so that they cannot reach the unit.
• Install the indoor unit on the wall where the height from
the ﬂ oors more than 1800 mm (70 in.).
6. INSTALLATION WORK
6.1. Installation dimensions
80 mm (3-5/32 in.)
80 mm (3-5/32 in.) or over
1500 mm (59-1/16 in.)
1800 mm (70 in.) or
Remote controller holder
Tapping screw (small)
* Space from wall hook bracket .
6.2. Indoor unit piping direction
The piping can be connected in the 7 directions in the ﬁ gure.
When the piping is connected in direction 2 , 3 , 4 or 5 ,
cut along the piping groove in the side of the front panel with
Wall hook bracket
7 Left rear
4 Left bottom