Before removing the switch cover, follow these steps:
1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the computer is off or in Hibernation, turn the computer on,
and then shut it down through the operating system.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet and then
unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
4. Remove the battery (see
Remove the switch cover:
1. Remove the two Phillips PM2.5×7.0 screws 1 that secure the switch cover to the computer
2. Remove the four Phillips PM2.0×4.0 screws 2 that secure the switch cover to the computer.
Removal and replacement procedures
"Battery" on page
Spare part number