Audio/infrared board (includes cable)
Before removing the audio/infrared board, follow these steps:
1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the computer is off or in Hibernation, turn the computer on,
and then shut it down through the operating system.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet and then
unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
4. Remove the battery (see
5. Remove the following components:
a. Optical drive (see
b. Hard drive (see
c. TV tuner module (see
d. Memory module (see
e. WLAN module (see
f. Switch cover (see
g. Keyboard cover (see
h. Keyboard (see
i. Speaker assembly (see
j. Display assembly (see
k. Top cover (see
Remove the audio/infrared board and cable:
1. Release the ZIF connector 1 to which the audio/infrared board cable is attached and disconnect the
audio/infrared board cable from the system board.
2. Remove the Phillips PM2.0×4.0 screw 2 that secures the audio/infrared board to the base enclosure.
3. Remove the audio/infrared board 3 by lifting it straight up.
Reverse this procedure to install the audio/infrared board.
Removal and replacement procedures
"Battery" on page
"Optical drive" on page
"Hard drive" on page
"TV tuner module" on page
"Memory module" on page
"WLAN module" on page
"Switch cover" on page
"Keyboard cover" on page
"Keyboard" on page
"Speaker assembly" on page
"Display assembly" on page
"Top cover" on page
Spare part number