Power button board
Power button board (includes cable)
Before removing the power button board, follow these steps:
1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the computer is off or in Hibernation, turn the computer on,
and then shut it down through the operating system.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet and then
unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
4. Remove the battery (see
5. Remove the switch cover (see
6. Remove the switch cover (see
Remove the power button board:
1. Disconnect the power button board cable 1 from the low insertion force (LIF) connector on the power
2. Remove the Phillips PM2.0×4.0 screw 2 that secures the power button board to the computer.
3. Remove the power button board 3.
Reverse this procedure to install the power button board.
Removal and replacement procedures
"Battery" on page
"Switch cover" on page
"Keyboard cover" on page
Spare part number