The Bluetooth module spare part kit does not include a Bluetooth module cable. The Bluetooth module cable is
available using spare part number 496872-001. See
module cable removal information.
Before removing the Bluetooth module, follow these steps:
1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the computer is off or in Hibernation, turn the computer on,
and then shut it down through the operating system.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet and then
unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
4. Remove the battery (see
5. Remove the following components:
a. Switch cover (see
b. Keyboard cover (see
c. Power button board (see
Remove the Bluetooth module:
1. Remove the Phillips PM2.0×4.0 screw 1 that secures the Bluetooth module to the top cover.
2. Release the Bluetooth module 2 as far as the Bluetooth module cable allows.
3. Disconnect the Bluetooth module cable 3 from the Bluetooth module.
Reverse this procedure to install the Bluetooth module.
Removal and replacement procedures
"Battery" on page
"Switch cover" on page
"Keyboard cover" on page
"Power button board" on page
"Bluetooth module cable" on page 4-28
Spare part number