Quota Size — set a quota size by entering a value in gigabytes. To have no quota, leave this
Administrator — check this box if you would like to allow this user to manage the ix2.
An administrator does not inherently have access to all Shares. Access to Shares must be
granted explicitly to administrators, as with other users.
Changing Access Permissions
1. Expand Access Permissions to change Share access permissions for the selected user.
2. To give this user access to a specific set of Shares, click Add access permissions.
3. In the Add Access Permissions pop-up window, select which Shares this user can access, and
4. Uncheck Read or both Read and Write to limit or deny access permission to each Share for this
5. Click Apply to save your changes. When both Read and Write are unchecked, the Share is
removed from the list.
You can limit the amount of space allocated to one or more users by applying quotas.
Quota Settings to enable quotas, and set a default quota for each user.
2. In the Quota Settings pop-up window, check Enable quotas to turn on quotas for each user.
3. If desired, enter a Default Quota. This quota applies to new users only.
4. Check Set default quota for all users to apply the default quota to all users.
5. Click Apply to save your changes.
6. To set individual user quotas, expand the Information section for a user and enter a value in Quota
size. If you leave the box blank, there is no quota for that user.
7. Click Apply to save your changes.
To delete a user:
From the ix2 Management Console, click Users.
To delete an existing user, click the username to expand the user.
In the User Information section, click Delete.
In the Delete User pop-up window, click Yes.
The user is removed from the user list.
Securing Your ix2 Network Storage and Contents