User’s Guide MBP20 Baby Monitor The features described in this user's guide are subject to modifications without prior notice.
Welcome... to your new Motorola Baby Monitor! Thank you for purchasing the MBP20. Now you can see and hear your baby sleeping in another room or you can monitor your older children in their play room. Please retain your original dated sales receipt for your records. For warranty service of your Motorola product, you will need to provide a copy of your dated sales receipt to confirm warranty status.
Overview of your Parent unit 3 UP / Volume + In idle mode: Press to increase the speaker volume. In menu mode: Press to move up the menu list. 4 Menu / OK In idle mode: Press to access the main menu. In menu mode: Press to access the sub-menu, or confirm the settings.
Parent Unit Display Indicates when parent unit or baby unit is playing lullaby. Icons Behaviors Description Indicates when timer alarm is activated. Indicates the signal strength between baby Indicates when the sound alert is set on. unit and parent unit. The more blocks, the stronger connection signal.
Overview of your Baby unit 1 Infrared Light 4 x Infra-red LEDs for night vision illumination 2 Camera Lens 3 Power Indicator On when the baby unit is switched on. Off when the baby unit is switched off. 4 UP / Volume + Press to increase the speaker volume.
Important guidelines for installing your Baby Monitor • To use your baby unit and parent unit together, you must be able to establish a radio link between them, and the range will be affected by environmental conditions. • Any large metal object, like a refrigerator, a mirror, a filing cabinet, metallic doors or reinforced concrete, between the baby and parent unit may block the radio signal.
1. SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS ........8 5. DISPOSAL OF THE DEVICE (ENVIRONMENT)..........15 2. GETTING STARTED..........9 6. CLEANING............16 2.1 Baby unit power supply........9 2.2 Parent unit battery installation......9 7. TROUBLESHOOTING ........16 2.3 Belt clip on parent unit ........10 8.
1. SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS • Adult assembly is required. Keep small parts away from children when assembling. • This product is not a toy. Don't allow children to play WARNING: with it. • This baby monitor is not a substitute for responsible STRANGULATION HAZARD - Keep the adapter cord adult supervision.
2. GETTING STARTED Parent unit battery installation A rechargeable battery pack is supplied and MUST be Baby unit power supply fitted in the parent unit in order for the parent unit to work. Charge the parent unit before you use it for the first time or when the parent unit indicates that the battery is low.
Belt clip on parent unit 3. Insert the plug of the battery pack into the socket inside the battery compartment, and fit the battery pack into the compartment. 4. Replace the battery compartment cover, and reinstall the belt clip / stand (refer to section 2.3). 5.
3. USING YOUR BABY MONITOR Adjust speaker volumes of the parent unit and baby unit Please read these instructions carefully, and be aware that There are 5 volume levels on the baby unit, and 6 levels on the this baby monitor is only intended as an aid. It is not a parent unit, including VOLUME OFF.
Lullaby 3.4.1 Adjust talk back volume The baby unit has 5 volume levels from Level 1 to Level 5. There are 3 lullabies available to play for your baby, either > < repeating one melody or repeating through all three Press on the baby unit to increase or decrease melodies.
4. Parent unit settings NOTE The parent unit still carries on audio monitoring even if the Set the language video capture is turned off. 1. Press to access the main menu. To switch the video feed from the current monitoring parent unit to the other parent unit which is not in video monitoring 2.
5. DISPOSAL OF THE DEVICE Reset You can restore all the adjustable settings back to their (ENVIRONMENT) original factory settings. At the end of the product lifecycle, you should 1. Press to access the main menu. not dispose of this product with normal 2.
6. CLEANING 7. TROUBLESHOOTING Clean your MBP20 with a slightly damp cloth or with an Link light on the parent unit does not come on • Check whether the parent unit is powered on. anti-static cloth. Never use cleaning agents or abrasive •...
• Battery pack in parent unit may be running low. Connect The baby monitor system produces a high-pitched noise the parent unit to the mains power with the supplied • The parent unit and the baby unit are too close to each power adaptor for recharging.
PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF Limited Warranty ("Warranty") THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, OTHERWISE THE REPAIR Thank you for purchasing this Motorola branded product OR REPLACEMENT PROVIDED UNDER THIS EXPRESS manufactured under license by Binatone Electronics LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF International LTD ("BINATONE").
Product or Accessory to Accessories accessories original purchase by the abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are first consumer purchaser of the not the fault of MOTOROLA or BINATONE, are excluded product. from coverage. Consumer The balance of the original...
Product; (c) way by someone other than MOTOROLA, BINATONE or if a warranty card was included in your box, a completed its authorized service centers, are excluded from coverage.
to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt provide reasonable protection against harmful interference RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two in a residential installation. This equipment generates, conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not (2) this device must accept any interference, including...
9. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Parent Unit : Frequency 1921.536 MHz - 1928.448 MHz Baby Unit: Channels Frequency 1921.536 MHz - 1928.448 MHz Operating 5ºC - 45ºC Channels temperature Operating 5ºC - 45ºC Display 1.5" CSTN LCD temperature Display colour 65K color LCD Image sensor Color CMOS 30M Pixels Brightness control...
Manufactured, distributed or sold by Binatone Electronics International LTD., official licensee for this product. MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.