5062308 MAXI PRO US AFPE
• Close the lid and push the in the handle completely.
• Let the fryer cool down after use (1 to 2 hours) before storing or cleaning. Never carry
or move the deep fryer with hot oil inside.
FILTERING AND CHANGING THE OIL:
• Make sure the fryer is unplugged and the oil has cooled down before cleaning or sto-
ring your fryer.
• The oil does not need to be changed after each use. You will need to change it more
often when frying fish or heavily battered foods.
Filtering the cooking oil or shortening
• Remove the lid.
• Remove the control unit.
• Remove the pot from the fryer.
• Carefully pour the oil or fat into a 5 litres (5 Quarts) pot.
• Line the basket with a T-FAL oil straining paper filter (available at your local retailer, After
Sales Service Center or T-FAL) or with a paper towel.
• Hang the basket onto the edge of the pot.
• If you use solidified vegetable oil; firstly melt it down in a separate pot.
• Slowly pour the liquid onto the paper filter.
• Remove the basket with the paper filter and clean the basket.
Changing the cooking oil or shortening
• Cooking oil or fat must be changed regularly (normally after every 20 to 25 cooking ses-
sions), this will allow fried food to remain tasty and light. The nutritional value of fried
food depends on the quality of the oil used for cooking.
• Do not pour used oil down the sink. Let it cool down and dispose of it with the house-
STORING THE OIL:
• The oil may be stored in a separate pot (in the refrigarator), or left in the fryer pot if
liquid vegetable oil is used.
• When the fryer is not used for some time, it is recommended to use the first method.
In this case, the accessories can be stored in the pot after cleaning.
CLEANING THE POT:
• You can clean the pot and the fryer itself in the dishwasher (be sure to remove the
control unit first). The lid and the control unit must be cleaned with a mild detergent
and a damp cloth. The basket can be cleaned with hot water - FIG. 11
• Thoroughly clean the pot, the basket and the lid when changing the cooking oil or fat.
• If food is burned, fill the pot with water and allow to soak first before washing.
• Carefully dry the pot.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE