5062308 MAXI PRO US AFPE
WARNING: Please handle the removable pot carefully to prevent it from dropping or
getting damaged. If the pot is dented or otherwise damaged, it may adversely affect
the performance of the deep fryer. Should the removable pot have become dama-
ged, please contact our Consumer Service at 1-800-395-8325 (U.S.A. only).
CLEANING THE LID AND OUTSIDE OF YOUR FRYER:
• Clean the outside of the fryer with a damp, soft cloth.
• The lid is removable for easy cleaning.
• Clean the viewing window with dishwashing liquid. Clean at regular intervals to main-
tain good visibility during cooking.
• Tip: Brushing the inside of the window with a little lemon juice or vinegar helps prevent
• The lid, with its viewing window, is designed to be shock-resistant. It should however
be handled with care and it is advisable not to drop or shock it too violently. Should the
viewing window be broken, spare lids are available from your nearest T-FAL repair ser-
• Never immerse the fryer with control unit, cord or plug in water or any other liquid.
• Do not wash the lid in a dishwasher.
• Never use abrasive cleaners or abrasive scouring pads to clean your fryer.
• We recommend cleaning the fryer after each use.
CLEANING THE METAL FILTER:
(according to model)
• The metal anti-odour filter is permanent. It should be cleaned approximately after every
50 cooking sessions.
• Open the fryer lid.
• Remove the 8 locking screws with a cross-headed screwdriver to free the thermic metal
deflector. During this operation use care so as not to break the glass viewing window.
• Take out the filter and clean the inside of the lid and deflector.
• Clean the filter with soapy water and a brush. It can also be cleaned in the dishwasher.
• Put the filter back in place.
• Refit the deflector and tighten the screws.
• Your Maxi Pro deep fryer has been designed to consume a minimum of energy.
1,800 watts is exactly the right power rating to obtain excellent cooking results with
4.1 litres of oil (or the equivalent of 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs of solid vegetable shortening).