5062308 MAXI PRO US AFPE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
BEFORE USING FOR THE FIRST TIME:
Read the User's Instructions and carefully follow all information given.
• Remove the fryer from the packaging.
• Open the fryer lid.
• On models with filtering lid, remove the lid by slightly lowering it and pulling it towards
• Remove the basket from the pot, and unwrap the protective plastic.
• Unfold the handle completely and snap it into the metal lock.
• Take out any documents placed in the pot.
• Lift off the control unit - FIG. 1
• Take out the removable pot - FIG. 2
• Clean all metal parts of the lid, the pot and the basket with a sponge and dishwashing
• Wipe the outside of the fryer with a damp cloth.
• Lightly wipe the inside of the window with a cloth dampened with cooking oil to pre-
vent condensation and to improve viewing.
• Carefully wipe dry.
• Put the pot back in the fryer.
• The edge of the pot should fit perfectly into the fryer.
• Refit the control unit.
• Your deep fryer is equipped with a safety system which prevents the heating element
from operating when it is outside the product. Make sure that the control box is pro-
perly positioned, otherwise the deep fryer will not work.
FILLING THE POT WITH OIL:
• Fill the pot with oil. Your fryer will need approximately 15 to 16 cups of oil. The oil
level must be maintained between the minimum (15 cups / 3.9 liter) and maximum
(16 cups / 4.1 liter) levels indicated on the inside of the pot. Check the level before
each use and add oil if necessary. Over filling might cause overflows.
• For healthier, crispier fried foods, we recommend the use of blended vegetable oil, pure
corn oil or canola (rapeseed) oil. We do not recommend the use of heavy flavored oils,
such as olive oil, or oils which deteriorate more quickly when heated such as sunflower
oil, peanut (groundnut) oil, soya oil, lard or drippings.
• If the level is too low a safety system will automatically switch off operation of the fryer.
In this case, reset the fryer by pressing the " Reset " button situated underneath the
control unit : unclip the control unit and press the reset button - FIG. 3
• If you use solid vegetable shortening, you will need 3 lbs (1.3 kg). Cut it into pieces and
melt it in a separate pot beforehand, then slowly pour it into the deep fryer pot.
• Never pour shortening directly into the deep fryer pot as this will lead to deterioration
of the appliance.