VHS Index Search System
It is very easy to find the beginning of each
recording automatically, because a special
index signal is automatically recorded at the
start of each recorded segment on the tape.
Up to 5 index signals can be searched for in
Insert a recorded cassette with index signals.
Searching for the 2nd recorded segment in the
Press [INDEX 9] twice.
– After finding the specific recorded segment,
playback starts automatically.
– For the reverse direction, press [INDEX :].
– Up to 5 index signals can be searched for in
– The INDEX function only works in the stop
mode or during playback.
– When the opposite button is pressed, the
number of lit indicators decreases 1.
– The number of lit indicators decreases by 1
each time an index signal is found.
Recording Index Signals
Index signals are recorded in the following
– When a recording is started by pressing
– The search function will only work correctly if
the index signals are spaced at least
5 minutes apart.
Searching while checking the
video cassette contents
The approximate beginnings of each recorded
programme are played in succession at the
high speed so that the programme to be
viewed can be located easily.
Insert the recorded cassette.
1 Press [SEARCH].
This operation is performed while the VCR
(Line Recording) is off or while the VCR
(Line Recording) is in the stop mode or
normal playback mode.
– The tape is rewound to the start, and
played for about 10 seconds at the high
speed. It is then fast forwarded, the VISS
(VHS Index Search System) signals are
searched in succession, and each time the
signals are found, the tape is played for
about 10 seconds at the high speed.
2 When the programme to be viewed is
reached, press [PLAY].
– Normal playback now commences.
To stop the operation at any time
– This function may not work properly when
recorded programmes run for 15 minutes or
INTRO JET SCAN