Check Range Hood Operation
1. Check light operation by sliding the light switch.
3. If the range hood does not operate, check to see whether a
2. Check operation of blower by sliding the blower switches,
circuit breaker has tripped or a house fuse has blown.
NOTE: To get the most efficient use from your new range
hood, read the "Range Hood Use" section.
RANGE HOOD USE
The range hood is designed to remove smoke, cooking vapors
and odors from the cooktop area. For best results, start the hood
before cooking and allow it to operate several minutes after the
cooking is complete to clear all smoke and odors from the
The hood controls are located on the front right-hand side of the
A. Blower on
B. Blower speed
C. Light on
The LIGHT control is a 3-position switch. The first position (ON)
turns both light bulbs On. The second position turns only the
right-side bulb On. The third position turns both light bulbs Off.
NOTE: Do not install bulbs rated higher than 75 Watts. You may
install a smaller light bulb on the right for a night light.
The BLOWER SPEED slide control adjusts the blower speed and
sound level for quiet operation. The speed can be changed
anytime during fan operation.
The BLOWER ON slide control turns the blower On and Off.
When this control is turned On, the blower will operated at the
preset speed of the slide control.
RANGE HOOD CARE
IMPORTANT: Clean the hood and grease filters frequently
according to the following instructions. Replace grease filters
before operating hood.
To avoid damage to the exterior surface, do not use steel wool or
soap-filled scouring pads.
Always wipe dry to avoid water marks.
Liquid detergent soap and water, or all-purpose
Wipe with damp soft cloth or nonabrasive sponge, then rinse
with clean water and wipe dry.
Metal Grease Filter:
For vented installations:
1. Remove each filter by grasping the tab at the bottom of filter,
lifting up and swinging filter out to the side.
2. Wash metal filters as needed in dishwasher or hot detergent
3. Reinstall the filter by making sure the tabs are toward the
outside and the bottom. Insert aluminum filter into upper
4. Push in filter.
5. Pull down on filter.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for the other filter.
The charcoal filter is not washable. It should last up to twelve
months with normal use. Replace with Kit Number 4396390.
1. Snap the aluminum filter out of its frame and remove the
2. Clean aluminum filter in a detergent solution of dishwater.