Please read these operating instruc-
tions through carefully. Please make
sure you read the safety instructions
on the first pages of these operating
instructions! Keep the operating
instructions for future reference. Pass
them on to any future owners.
A Water tank lid
B Operating features (see Figure 9)
C Water tank with cup markings
D Steam selector
Frothed milk spout
G Drip grid with drip tray
H Rating plate (on base of appliance)
K Thermos jug with lid
M Button for opening the swing filter
Frothed milk spout
Figures 2, 13
A Knob for regulating the froth
B Suction piece
C Milk discharge outlet
A Display window for TIME, START TIME and
AROMA LEVEL displays
B Indicator (green) for PROGRAM
C Indicator (green) for STEAM
D Selector dial for HOURS and MINUTES
G Selector dial for 3-5 CUPS and AUTO-START
H On/off button
Indicator (green) for NUMBER OF CUPS
K Indicator (green) for AUTO-START
Indicator (red) for ON/OFF
• Operating voltage and mains voltage
must be the same! (See rating plate on
the base of the coffee machine).
• Never bring the mains cord into con-
tact with hot parts!
• Never remove the plug from the socket
by pulling on the mains cord!
• Do not use the appliance if:
– the mains cord is damaged
– the casing shows clear signs of damage.
• The milk discharge outlet gets hot
when being used. Keep children away!
• Do not pour in water when the appli-
ance is hot! Switch off the coffee
machine and let it cool down for about
• Observe the descaling instructions!
• Before servicing or cleaning the appli-
ance, ensure that it is switched off and
that the mains cord has been
• Do not immerse the appliance in water!
• If it should be necessary to repair the
coffee machine or replace the mains
cord, please send the appliance either
to the specialist dealer you bought it
from (special tools must be used for
repairs), or to your AEG customer serv-
ice centre (see back page). Electrical