CF 300/400 Kaffee-Espresso-Vollautomat Fully Automatic Espresso-Maker Macchina per espresso completamente automatica Machine à café/expresso entièrement automatique Cafetera exprés completamente automática Volautomatische koffie- en espressomachine Gebrauchsanweisung Operating instructions Istruzioni per l’uso Mode d’emploi Instrucciones para el uso Gebruiksaanwijzing...
Sehr geehrter Kunde, neben der detaillierten Beschreibung in der Bedienungs- anleitung für Ihre CF 400 beachten Sie zum Milchauf- schäumen bitte insbesondere die nachstehenden Hinweise: • Um einen bestmöglichen Milchschaum zu erhalten, ver- wenden Sie bitte kalte, fettarme H-Milch (1,5%). •...
Dear Customer, In addition to the detailed description given in the oper- ating instructions for your CF 400 please take particular note of the following information concerning frothing milk. • To obtain the best possible froth it is best to use cold, low-fat, long-life milk (1.5%).
Programme selector (Figure 1/Q) Features (Figure 1) 1 Coffee selection A On/Off button 2 Coffee temperature B Fresh water tank, lid 3 Automatic switch off C Water filter (in water tank) 4 Rinse D Filler opening for preground coffee 5 Cleaning with lid (coffee funnel) 6 Decalcifying Cup rack...
Dear Customer, Table of Contents Please read these operating instruc- Safety Instructions tions through carefully. Above all, Before Using for the First Time observe the safety instructions! Please 1.1. Setting up the Appliance keep these operating instructions for 1.2. Cable Compartment (Figure 3) later reference, and pass them on to 1.3.
Decalcifying the Appliance • Do not leave the appliance switched on longer than necessary. What to do if ... • Do not expose the appliance to the Protecting the Environment weather. If a Service is Required Do not open or repair the appliance. Repairs that are not carried out cor- Safety Instructions rectly may result in significant risk to...
1. Before Using for the First Time Position 6: Decalcifying If “UNIT DECALC.” appears in the dis- 1.1. Setting up the Appliance play, the appliance must be decalcified using a decalcifying agent. The decalci- Choose a suitable, level, stable, fying programme runs automatically. unheated, dry surface.
0 Refit the water tank in the appliance 2.4. Switching On the Appliance and press it down until it engages so (Figure 8) the valve on the base is opened. 0 Switch the appliance on using the For aromatic coffee, you should: On/Off button (Figure 1/A).
2.6. Adjusting the Water 2.7. Inserting the Water Filter Hardness The appliance is fitted with a water fil- ter. This water filter helps to remove Your appliance can be adjusted to the the majority of such elements as chlo- hardness of the water used. The water rine from tap water that might other- hardness must be adjusted correctly so wise spoil the flavour.
If no new filter is fitted, the correct You can choose between 5 time set- water hardness must be set (see Sec- tings (automatic cut-out after 1 to tion 2.6). Otherwise the appliance will 5 hours) or deactivate the safety cut- become calcified.
3.1. Adjusting the Amount of 3.2.4. Two Cups of Regular Coffee from Beans Water (Figure 10) 0 Place a cup under each of the spouts. The amount of water per cup can be adjusted using the selector dial Note: The correct position for the cups (Figure 1/R).
4. Frothing Milk CF 400: Attach the frothed milk spout to the (Figures 13 to 18) steam nozzle (Figure 14): 0 Insert the knob for regulating the froth Hot steam can be used both for froth- ing milk for cappuccino and for heat- (Figure 2/A) into the suction piece (Fig- ing liquids.
Figure 16/A: maximum froth/ Activate the outlet of steam briefly to warm milk “blow clear” the swivelling nozzle. Then clean the swivelling nozzle with a Figure 16/B: valve closed/no froth damp cloth. Move the movable metal Figure 16/C: less froth/hot milk tube up and down during this process.
5. Preparing Hot Water and the spent coffee container. Leave the appliance switched on when per- You can use the hot water function for forming these tasks. pre-warming cups and for preparing 0 Lift the drip catcher slightly and instant beverages or tea. Important: remove it carefully from the appliance Risk of burning! to the front (Figure 19).
0 Fill the water tank to the maximum residues can form in the crevice on the knob (Figure 25/A “arrow”). As these mark. 0 Press the selection button on the pro- residues can have an adverse effect on the frothing results we suggest gramme selector.
9. Decalcifying the Appliance of the descaling solution is pumped over the steam tube, and the second Your appliance has a decalcifying pro- half directly to the collecting tray. gramme for decalcifying the appliance 0 If the container is filled during the pro- (duration approx.
10. What to do if ... play. Then insert the drip catcher with the spent coffee container and • no coffee runs out of the spouts: spent coffee drawer! – Check that the water tank is cor- • “SERVICE 1” appears in the display: rectly seated! –...
11. For the Sake of the Environment Do not simply throw packaging mate- rial away. • Please keep the box and the foam packaging! If the appliance needs to be serviced they can be reused to pro- tect the appliance during transport. If used: •...