TRADEMARK Digital Document Copier, DDC, DDC 35n, and their associated logo marks, are trademarks of Hitachi Koki Imaging Solutions, Inc. Hitachi and the Hitachi logo are trademarks of Hitachi, Ltd. All rights reserved.
Using the Copier Properly To ensure the optimum performance of the copier, follow the precautions listed below. • Never place a heavy object on the copier. • Never subject the copier to shocks. • Never open any doors or turn the copier off while the copier is making copies. •...
Using the Copier Properly • Never use a multiple outlet adapter, as a fire or electrical shock can result. • Should the power cord become damaged, immediately turn the copier off, unplug the power cord and call your technical representative. A damaged cord can result in a fire or cause an electric shock.
Thank you for choosing Hitachi Koki Imaging Solutions. This operator’s manual explains how to operate the copier and replenish its supplies. It also gives some troubleshooting tips as well as general precautions to be observed when operating the copier. To ensure the best performance and effective use of your copier, read this manual carefully until you familiarize yourself thoroughly with its operation and features.
Contents Terms and Symbols for the Type of Originals and Copy Paper ......v Safety Information .................... vi Chapter 1 Safety Notes 1. Installing the Copier Installation Site ....................1-2 Power Source ....................1-2 Space Requirements ..................1-2 2. Precautions for Use Operating Environment ...................1-3 Using the Copier Properly ................1-3 Moving the Copier ..................1-3 Care of Copier Supplies ..................1-3...
Contents 3. Selecting the Zoom Zoom Ratio ....................3-10 4. Selecting the Finishing Finishing Functions ..................3-16 Selecting the Finishing Function ..............3-18 Loading the Originals ................... 3-21 5. Selecting the Original Copy Type Original Copy Types ................. 3-22 Selecting the Original Copy Type ............. 3-26 6.
Contents Chapter 5 When a Message Appears 1. When the Message “The current Paper Drawer is empty.” Appears Adding paper ....................5-2 2. When the Message “Add Toner.” Appears Replacing the Toner Bottle ................5-10 3. When the Message “Please change Imaging Unit.” Appears Changing the Imaging Unit ................5-12 4.
Terms and Symbols for the Type of Originals and Copy Paper A few special terms and symbols are used in this manual to designate types of originals and copy paper. This page explains about these terms and symbols. Feeding Direction (copy paper path) In this copier system, copy paper is taken up from the right-hand side of the copier, fed through the copier toward the left-hand side, and ejected face down onto the Copy Tray.
Safety Information Laser Safety This is a digital machine which operates by means of a laser. There is no possibility of danger from the laser, provided the machine is operated according to the instructions in this manual. Since radiation emitted by the laser is completely confined within protective housing, the laser beam cannot escape from the machine during any phase of user operation.
Safety Information For Europe CAUTION: Use of controls, adjustments or performance of procedures other than those specified in this manual may result in hazardous radiation exposure. This is a semiconductor laser. The maximum power of the laser diode is 5mW and the wavelength is 770-810nm.
viii Safety Information Laser Safety Label A laser safety label is attached to the outside of the copy machine as shown below. Laser safety label For Europe CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT 1166O261DA LASER KLASSE 1 PRODUKT 1166O252BA...
1. Installing the Copier Installation Site To ensure utmost safety and prevent possible malfunctions of the copier, install it in a location which meets the following requirements. A place away from a curtain or the like that may catch fire and burn easily. An area where there is no possibility of being splashed with water or other types of liquid.
2. Precautions for Use Operating Environment The operating environmental requirements of the copier are as follows. Temperature : 10°C to 32°C (50°F to 89.6°F) with a fluctuation of 10°C (18°F) per hour. Humidity : 15% to 85% with a fluctuation of 20% per hour. Using the Copier Properly To ensure the optimum performance of the copier, follow the precautions listed below.
2. Precautions for Use Note on making multiple copies If you make smaller than B4 size copies during a multi-copy cycle, there is a possibility that the copying speed will be reduced due to a rise in fusing temperature. The copying speed will automatically return to normal when the optimum fusing temperature is re-established.
1. Typical Copies You Can Make With Your Copier Typical Copies You Can Make With Your Copier Here’s a sample of the features the copier is equipped with to turn out different types of copies. For the specific operations, see the relevant pages indicated by Original Copy p.
1. Typical Copies You Can Make With Your Copier Mixed Original Detection p. 2-24 Mixed Original Detection 1155O003AA Finishing p. 3-16 Sort Staple 1149O031AA 1149O029AA Group Hole Punch 1155O060DB 1149O030AA Zoom Ratio p. 3-10 Reduce, Full size, Enlarge, X/Y Zoom 1166O117AA...
1. Typical Copies You Can Make With Your Copier Auxiliary Functions Cover p. 3-34 Page Insertion p. 3-36 1149O013AA 1149O014A OHP Interleaving p. 3-40 File Margin p. 3-44 1149O015AC 1149O017AA Erase p. 3-46 Image Repeat p. 3-48 1166O259AA 1149O016AA...
1. Typical Copies You Can Make With Your Copier Distribution p. 3-50 Separate Scan p. 3-52 1166O114AA 1155O556AA Small Original Adjustment p. 3-51 155O555AA...
2. System Overview System Overview The following overview presents the copier and the available options with a brief explanation of the function of each. Refer to “Control Panel Keys and Indicators” ( p. 2-12) for using the Touch Panel and Control Panel.
2. System Overview Duplexing Document Feeder AFR-14 <Option> In addition to the automatic feeding of multiple originals, it can automatically turn over 2-sided originals for 1166O014AA making copies of both sides. Paper Feed Unit PF-108 <Option> Holds up to 500 sheets of paper. 1166O009AA Paper Feed Unit PF-110 <Option>...
2. System Overview Copier Accessories 1166O215AC 1166O012AA Duplexing Document Feeder through : Not used. Document Exit Tray : Receives originals automatically ejected from the Duplexing Document Feeder. Document Feed Tray : Load the originals face up on this tray. Document Guide Plate : Slide the guide plate to the size of the originals.
2. System Overview Job Tray Job Tray : Receives copied paper. Duplex Unit Lock Release Lever : Use to open the Duplex Unit for clearing a misfed sheet of paper. Drawer Drawer : Load the paper into these drawers. * When the amount of paper still available for use in the drawer becomes small, the lamp of the drawer starts blinking red.
2-10 2. System Overview Outside the Copier 1166O017AB Control Panel : Set the various functions of the copier. p. 2-12 Non-Sort Exit Tray : Unsorted copies are fed out here. Power Switch : Use to turn the copier ON and OFF. p.
2-12 3. Control Panel Keys and Indicators Control Panel Keys and Indicators 1166O239DA Touch Panel Interrupt Key • Shows various screens and messages. • Press to interrupt a current job with a p. 2-13 different one. Press it again to return to the previous job.
2-13 3. Control Panel Keys and Indicators What is the Touch Panel? The Touch Panel is the screen through which you can select or register the various settings of the machine by touching the keys on the screen. * Some of the Touch Panel screens used in the Operator’s Manual may be different from what you actually will see on your machine.
2-14 3. Control Panel Keys and Indicators Message Display Shows the current copier status, operating instructions, precautions and other data including the number of copies selected. 1168P154DC ex.) Add paper Basic Function / Key Display Shows the basic function keys that can be selected to set the corresponding basic function.
2-15 3. Control Panel Keys and Indicators Icons Icon Description Copying Now copying. Printing Now printing. Print Waiting Processing the next print job. Receiving Data Receiving the data. Data remains Data remains in memory. Paper empty Add paper. p. 5-2 Toner is running out.
2-16 Turning ON and OFF and Initial Mode Turning ON and OFF • Turning the Copier ON Press the Power Switch to the (ON) position. • Turning the Copier OFF Press the Power Switch to the (OFF) position. NOTE The Auto Shut OFF function will automatically shut down the copier a given period of time after the last activity.
2-17 5. Placing Originals Using the Document Feeder The Document Feeder automatically feeds original sheets placed on the Document Feed Tray one by one. After the copy cycle has been completed, it automatically ejects the original onto the Document Exit Tray.
2-18 5. Placing Originals Loading the Originals Slide the Document Guide Plate to the size of the originals. <Duplexing Document Feeder> 1166O021AA Load a neat stack of originals face up on the Document Feed Tray. <Duplexing Document Feeder> 1166O023AB NOTES •...
2-19 5. Placing Originals Using the Single Automatic Document Feeding Mode (SADF Mode) This is the mode in which you insert your originals one by one into the Duplexing Document Feeder to make a copy. When you insert the original into the Single Document Feed Tray, the copier automatically starts the copy cycle.
2-20 5. Placing Originals Placing Originals on the Glass Different methods are used to place the original depending on its type. Use the procedure appropriate for your original. If you are using a Document Feeder, see p. 2-17. Sheet Originals Highly Transparent Originals <Using originals not suitable for the document <Using transparencies and translucent paper for...
2-21 5. Placing Originals Making Copies from A Book Using Book Copy Mode <“Book” refers to an open bound original> Place the open book so that its top edge is at Instructions for Original Placement the rear of the copier and the center of the •...
2-22 5. Placing Originals Mixed Orig. Detection The Mixed Original Detection function enables making copies automatically from originals of assorted sizes loaded on the Document Feeder. Auto Paper Auto Size 1138O537AA NOTE The copier cannot staple together copies of different sizes made with Mixed Orig. Detection and Auto Paper selected.
2-23 6. Auxiliary Functions Auxiliary Functions Panel Resetting Mode Check The Panel Reset key resets all control panel By pressing the Mode Check key on the control settings to default settings including the number of panel, you can either check for or change or store copies and zoom ratio.
2-24 6. Auxiliary Functions Auto Panel Reset Auto Shut OFF If no key on the control panel is pressed within 60 The Auto Shut OFF function shuts down the sec. after a copy cycle has been completed or copier a given period of time after the copier has copying settings made, the Auto Panel Reset been used last.
2-25 6. Auxiliary Functions <Entering the Access Number> Access Number From the 10-key Pad, enter the access If an access number has been programmed, it number and press the Access Mode key. allows only particular persons to use the copier or a supervisor to keep track of the number of copies made by a particular department.
2-26 6. Auxiliary Functions To Stop Printing Press the Stop Key while data is being processed or printed out. The screen below appears and you can choose whether to delete the data or not. 1168P204CB...
1. Basic Copying Overview Basic Copying Overview One of the most basic copying jobs is to make full-size ( 1.000) copies of the original. • Place the original in position (step 1), set the number of copies to be made (step 8), and press the Start key (step 9).
1. Basic Copying Overview Selecting the auxiliary functions • To make a file margin on the 7. Touch Auxiliary copy p. 3-34 • To use OHP Interleaving 1168P004CC 8. Setting the number of copies. • From the 10-Key Pad, set the desired number of copies to be made.
2. Selecting the Paper In the following pages, we explain how to select the copy paper. Touch Basics Paper to show a screen which allows you to select the copy paper. 1168P005DC Copy Paper Size Auto Paper In the Auto Paper mode, the copier automatically NOTES selects the paper of the optimum size according to •...
2. Selecting the Paper Manual Selection Auto Drawer Switching The copy paper size can be set manually according If the drawer currently selected for use runs out of to your need. paper and there is another drawer loaded with paper of the same size and in the same direction, Touch Paper on the Basics screen and the...
2. Selecting the Paper Special Paper Setting If the symbol appears on the paper select key on the Touch Panel, it means that particular drawer has been designated for special paper. 1168P008DC The copier provides three different types of special paper setting, each having a specific purpose as detailed below.
2. Selecting the Paper Manual Bypass Copying • Use the Manual Bypass to make copies on paper not loaded in any drawer, or to copy onto OHP transparencies, thick paper, or any other special paper. • When using the Manual Bypass Tray, you can load only one sheet of copy paper at a time. Copy Paper that Can be Used for Manual Bypass Tray Types of Paper •...
2. Selecting the Paper <Using Inch Size Paper> Select the desired copy paper size. When you want to use inch size paper, touch Inch on the screen given in step 4 and you have a screen that allows you to select an inch paper size.
2. Selecting the Paper <Using Nonstandard Size Paper> <Changing the Paper Size> • When you use a nonstandard size paper, touch • Touch Paper Bypass Custom Size on the screen given in step 4 and you have the following screen. 1168P011DC •...
3-10 3. Selecting the Zoom Zoom Ratio Zoom In the following pages, we explain how to select the zoom ratio. When you touch on the Basics screen on the Touch Panel, a screen appears that allows you to set the zoom ratio. Set the zoom ratio according to your need.
3-11 3. Selecting the Zoom For a Slightly Smaller Image Using Zoom Up/Down Keys This function lets you make a copy slightly Pressing the key changes the reduced in image size from that of the original. zoom ratio in 0.001 increments. You can hold down the key to change the ratio quickly.
3-12 3. Selecting the Zoom Using the 10-Key Pad You may use the 10-Key Pad to directly enter the zoom ratio. <Same ratio for X and Y> <Using the X / Y Zoom> Touch Custom Zoom Touch Custom Zoom 1168P020DC 1168P020DC X / Y Zoom Enter the desired zoom ratio from the 10-Key...
3-13 3. Selecting the Zoom Calling up a Ratio from Memory You can store some of the most frequently used zoom ratios in memory and recall them later as necessary. Touch Custom Zoom 1168P020DC From among the two ratios previously stored in memory, select the desired one.
3-14 3. Selecting the Zoom Storing a Ratio in Memory Custom Zoom Touch Useful Tips Example: 1.300 Press 1, 3, 0, and 0, in that order. 1149O160BA • To correct a ratio, press the key and then enter the correct one again. •...
3-16 4. Selecting the Finishing In the following, we explain about different finishing functions and setting procedures. When Finishing is touched on the Touch Panel, a screen appears that allows you to set a particular finishing function. Finishing Functions Non-Sort •...
3-17 4. Selecting the Finishing Staple <Only when the Finisher or Mailbin Finisher is mounted> • This function is effective when making multiple copies from multiple originals. Copies are sorted or grouped into complete sets of the originals and then stapled. Touch Staple NOTE...
3-18 4. Selecting the Finishing Selecting the Finishing Function Sort/Group Touch the desired finishing function key. Useful Tips • Shift Sorting The sorted copy sets are stacked in the same direction, but in a sawtooth manner by shifting the tray to the front or rear for each set.
3-19 4. Selecting the Finishing Staple Touch the desired finishing function key. 1168P026DC Staple Touch 1168P027DC NOTES • Stapling is not possible in the Interrupt mode. • No Stapling takes place in Non-Sort mode. • Note the correct direction of the originals when making copies in the Staple Mode.
3-20 4. Selecting the Finishing Hole Punch Touch the desired finishing function key. Touch the desired hole-punching position. 1168P026DC 1168P030DC Hole Punch Touch Useful Tip If you do not select a hole-punching position, the copier automatically sets the Hole-Punch position according to the original feeding direction.
3-21 4. Selecting the Finishing Loading the Originals Staple Note the correct direction of the originals if the copies are to be stapled in Staple Mode. Duplexing Document Feeder Original Glass Staple Position Staple Position 1166O040AA 1166O037AB Useful Tip Refer to the instruction labels on the machine or the Document Feeder. Hole Punch Note the correct direction of the originals if the copies are to be punched using Hole Punch.
3-22 5. Selecting the Original Copy Type In the following pages, we shall look at how to make the settings for the type of copy you want to make from the type of original you have. When you touch Orig. Copy on the Touch Panel, a screen appears that allows you to set the orig.
3-23 5. Selecting the Original Copy Type <With Document Feeder> <With Document Feeder> Select 1 1 [4in1] <accessed via Booklet> Select 2 1 [4in1] <accessed via Booklet> to copy 4 different 1-sided originals onto one side to copy 2 different 2-sided originals (4 pages) onto of a single sheet of paper.
3-24 5. Selecting the Original Copy Type Select Book/Separation 1 <accessed via Book> <With Duplex Unit> to make 1-sided page-by-page copies of an open Select Book/Separation 2 <accessed via Book> book. to make a 2-sided copy of an open book. Each page of the open book will be copied onto one side of the copy.
3-25 5. Selecting the Original Copy Type Precaution for 2-in-1 Original • When 2-in-1 Original is selected, the copier automatically selects a default zoom ratio. However, you can choose another zoom ratio by changing the User’s Choice setting. p. 4-5 Precautions for 2-in-1, 4-in-1, and Booklet Copying •...
3-26 5. Selecting the Original Copy Type Selecting the Original Copy Type Using 1 or 2 Originals Original Direction Load the Originals. Touch Select the Original Type. 1168P033CC Select the position of the original. 1168P031CC Select the desired copy type. 1168P034CC Enter Touch...
3-27 5. Selecting the Original Copy Type Margin key for the original: Hold down the key until the When you’re going to make copies using 1 2 or desired margin width is reached. 1, first check to see if your original has a file margin in it.
3-28 5. Selecting the Original Copy Type Book Touch Standard Book Right Bound Position the book on the glass. Select the Original Type. <With Duplexing Document Feeder> • Touch Book/Separation 1168P039DC Separation Spreadsheet Touch 1168P037CC Book • Touch 1168P040DC If you want to erase the four edges or center, touch Book Erase 1168P038DC...
3-29 5. Selecting the Original Copy Type Frame Center Select the particular erase function Touch , then hold (“Book Erase”). down the key until the desired erase width is reached. Then, Enter touch 1168P042DC 1168P043DC Useful Tips You have a choice of the following three erase Useful Tip functions.
3-30 5. Selecting the Original Copy Type <To copy using Separation and 2-sided> Page Order • Touch 1168P048DC You have a choice of the following two page arrangements. Book Order 1155O637AA Standard 1155O638AA • Select the desired page arrangement. 1168P049DC •...
3-31 5. Selecting the Original Copy Type 2-in-1 Original Separation <To separate a 1-sided 2-in-1 original> Load the Originals. Select the 1-sided copy type. 1166O225AB NOTE Make sure to set the originals lengthwise. 1168P092DD NOTES Touch Book/Separation • 2-sided copy, 2-in-1, 4-in-1 and Booklet Creation are not available for copying.
3-32 6. Selecting the Density Image Density In the following pages, we explain how to set the exposure level for the image density. Density When you touch on the Touch Panel, a screen appears that allows you to set the exposure level for the image density.
3-33 6. Selecting the Density NOTE If Auto Exposure is set when making copies in Photo Mode, the copier automatically switches the mode to Text Mode. Useful Tips • The exposure level in the Auto Exposure mode can be made either “Darker” or “Lighter” by using User’s Choice.
3-34 7. Auxiliary Functions These pages explain about convenient functions offered as the Auxiliary functions and how to set these features. When the Auxiliary key on the Touch Panel is touched, the Auxiliary function menu screen appears. 1168P004CC 1168P001CD Cover <Only when a Document Feeder is mounted>...
3-35 7. Auxiliary Functions Using the Cover Mode Load your originals into the document Touch the key for Cover Paper. feeder. Cover Touch 1168P058DC Select the drawer in which paper for the cover has been loaded. 1168P055CC Select the key for the front cover. 1168P059DC NOTE 1168P056DC...
3-36 7. Auxiliary Functions Page Insertion <With Duplexing Document Feeder> Page Insertion allows you to insert a special sheet of paper (e.g., color paper) into the copy set. Two different functions are available. Select the appropriate one according to your need. Functions Page Insertion <Copied Inserts>...
3-37 7. Auxiliary Functions Specifying the Place for an Insert In the Page Insertion mode, you must specify where to place an insert by using Automatic Detection. Automatic Detection Put a sheet of paper of a different size from the originals at your desired places in the original set (for convenience, let us call this paper the insert marker), load the original set onto the duplexing document feeder and let the copier start the original count sequence.
3-38 7. Auxiliary Functions Using Page Insertion Put an insert marker into the desired place in Load the original set containing insert the original set. markers into the duplexing document feeder. Insert Marker Original Set Insert Marker 1166O072AB 1134O070AA Page Insertion Touch Example 1: To place a copied insert at the 2nd position from top.
3-39 7. Auxiliary Functions Touch the paper size key for Insert Paper. Press the Start Key to start the simultaneous Auto Detection sequence and scanning of the original set. * The document feeder starts feeding the originals loaded in it to detect the insert markers and to make copies.
3-40 7. Auxiliary Functions OHP Interleaving When you make copies on transparencies, the OHP Interleaving function inserts copied or non-copied interleaves after each transparency. Two different functions are available. Select the appropriate one according to your need. Functions <Copied Interleaves> The copier copies onto OHP transparencies and, after each transparency, inserts a copied sheet of paper.
3-41 7. Auxiliary Functions Using OHP Interleaving Load the originals. Touch the key for the Insert Paper. 1166O027AA 1166O023AB 1168P068DC NOTE Select the Insert Paper. If you make each copy through the Original Glass, start with the first page of the set. Touch OHP Interleaving 1168P064DC...
3-42 7. Auxiliary Functions Enter Select the paper source for OHP Touch transparencies. 1168P073DC 1168P071DC Useful Tip <When using the Manual Bypass Tray> Cancel Touch to cancel the settings made • Load an OHP transparency onto the and return to the initial Auxiliary screen. Manual Bypass Tray.
3-44 7. Auxiliary Functions File Margin The copier provides a file margin along the leading edge for your ease in filing. There are two different ways available for making a file margin. Use the one that is most suited to your need. Functions The image of the original is shifted to the right to Copy...
3-45 7. Auxiliary Functions Hold down the key until the desired margin width is reached. 1168P077DC Useful Tips • You can change the margin width in 1mm increments within the range 0 ~ 20mm. Cancel • Touch to cancel the settings made and return to the initial Auxiliary screen.
3-46 7. Auxiliary Functions Edge/Frame Erase The copier erases a margin of a set width along the four edges, or one edge, to erase shadows or other unwanted images. This feature is effective in erasing the communications record on a document received by fax.
3-47 7. Auxiliary Functions Using a Particular Edge/Frame Erase Function Place the original. Useful Tips • You can change the erase width in 1mm Touch Edge/Frame Erase increments within the range 5~20mm. Cancel • Touch to cancel the settings made and return to the initial Auxiliary screen.
3-48 7. Auxiliary Functions Image Repeat The image of the original is repeatedly produced on the copy paper. The copier automatically calculates the number of images that can be printed based on the copy paper size and zoom ratio. 1155O050AA Selecting Image Repeat Load the original.
3-49 7. Auxiliary Functions <Original Size is standard> • Touch Size Input in step 4. Select the size of Enter the original and touch 1168P083DC <Original Size is nonstandard> Size Input • Touch , then touch Custom Size in step 4. 1168P084DC •...
3-50 7. Auxiliary Functions Distribution A reference (distribution) number is assigned to each copy set and printed in the background of the copy. 1166O114AA Using Distribution Load the originals. Select the page on which to print the distribution number, First page only All pages either Distribution...
3-51 7. Auxiliary Functions Small Original Adjustment When your original is smaller than the copy paper or when you are making a reduction copy, Small Original Adjustment prevents the areas outside the original from being dirtied on the copy. You will not have a copy with black areas surrounding the image which is made with the Document Feeder raised.
3-52 7. Auxiliary Functions Separate Scan Separate Scan enables the copier to scan a large set of originals in several parts. The Document Feeder can be loaded with up to 50 or 70 pages of a document. If you, however, divide a large document consisting of more than 70 pages so that each part contains 70 or fewer pages, it can still be scanned by the copier.
3-53 8. Using Memory Recall Memory Recall After a print cycle has been completed, Memory Recall allows you to run another print cycle again using the same image data and copy settings as the previous one without having to reload the originals. Memory Recall After the first print cycle, touch on the Touch Panel to show a screen that allows you...
3-54 9. Selecting Job List Job List Job List When an optional Printer Controller is mounted, the key will appear on the Touch Panel. In the following, we explain about the useful functions and procedures in Job List. 1168P229CD Selecting Job List Checking / Delete a Job You can check for operational data and present Useful Tip...
3-55 9. Selecting Job List Canceling the Lock Canceling the lock will release the data transmitted from a personal computer and put it in the print queue. Enter the password to cancel the lock. Touch Job List 1168P229CD Unlock Touch 1168P232CB Enter the 4-digit password using the 10-key pad.
1. Settings in the Utility Mode Input and Setting Screens This chapter explains about the functions and setting screens that are available by using the Utility Key. User’s Choice Job Recall The copier can be set so that the most frequently Up to 10 different, frequently used copy job used settings are automatically selected in the programs can be stored in memory and recalled...
1. Settings in the Utility Mode Admin. Management Allows the administrator of the copier to make settings for operating and maintaining the copier. “Settings in Admin. Management” p. 4-18 1168P105CB On Line <With an optional Printer Controller> Touch to highlight this key and enable the copier to receive data as a printer.
2. Making the User’s Choice Settings The copier has been set so that most frequently used settings are automatically selected in the initial mode. User’s Choice allows you to select the default settings which are automatically selected in the initial mode according to your own needs. By setting defaults that are most frequently used, time and effort to make extra settings will be eliminated when the copier is turned ON or when Auto Panel Reset is activated.
2. Making the User’s Choice Settings Memory Recall Original Copy Default Select whether to enable (“ON”) the function that Specify the original copy type automatically allows you to use the same image data of the copy selected when power is turned ON or panel reset. cycle that has just been completed or not (“OFF).
2. Making the User’s Choice Settings Auto Panel Reset 4in1 Copy Order Select the time it takes the auto panel reset Select the default copying order in the 4-in-1 mode function to be activated from among “30 seconds.” from among the following two: “1 min.,”...
2. Making the User’s Choice Settings Print Exposure Intelligent Sorting Select the print exposure level from the range -2 to Select whether to turn “ON” or “OFF” the function that automatically switches between Sort and Non-Sort, selecting Non-Sort if only a single The initial setting is “0”.
2. Making the User’s Choice Settings Making the User’s Choice Settings Press the Utility key. Touch the key of the desired User’s Choice function. For example, touch Output Priority 1166O241DA Touch User’s Choice 1168P135CC Touch Sort 1168P132CC Touch the key of the desired page of the menu, from For example, if you want to change the Output Priority from Non-Sort to Sort, touch...
3. Meter Count Using Meter Count Meter Count allows you to check the total count of each of the following five counters. Total Counter 2-Sided Total Shows the total number of copies made since the Shows the number of 2-sided copies made. installation of the copier.
4-10 4. Job Memory Input and Job Recall Job Memory Input Up to 10 different, frequently used copy job programs can be stored in memory and recalled later as necessary. Storing a Job Set up the job you want to store in memory. Select any one of the 10 job number keys from marked with...
4-11 4. Job Memory Input and Job Recall The job settings appear on the Touch Panel. 1168P116CB Useful Tip Backup To change the screen, touch Next After you have checked the settings, touch Enter Touch Exit 1168P117CB...
4-12 4. Job Memory Input and Job Recall Deleting a Job Program Press the Mode Check key. Touch the job number key from which you want to delete a job program. 1166O241DA Job Mem Input Touch 1168P119CB Useful Tip When appears in that key, it indicates that the job program has been deleted.
4-13 4. Job Memory Input and Job Recall Recalling a Job from Memory Press the Utility key. Check the settings made and then touch Enter . The copier is set up for these setting and the Basics screen reappears. 1166O241DA Touch Copy Job Recall 1168P123CB...
4-14 5. Settings in User Management Setting the Confirmation Beep and Alarm Beep Confirmation Beep Alarm Beep The volume of the confirmation beep that can be The volume of the alarm beep that sounds when, heard when a control panel key is pressed may be for example, a paper misfeed occurs may be adjusted in the range between 0 (zero) and 5 adjusted in the range between 0 (zero) and 5...
4-15 5. Settings in User Management Using the Scanner Dry Function During times of high humidity or when there are sudden rapid changes in humidity (especially when you are using a heater in winter), condensation can form on the surface of the PC Drum and Scanner resulting in blotchy copies.
4-16 5. Settings in User Management Using the Toner Replenisher Function The copier tends to exhaust the supply of toner rapidly when making a number of copies from an original with dark solid areas such as a photo. As a result, the image density of the copy will become lighter. In such a case, you can use Toner Replenisher to regain the normal image density quickly.
4-17 5. Settings in User Management Panel Cleaning Test Print To clean the surface of the touch panel, use this function. p. 7-8 1168P188CB 1168P130CA Important Do not touch this key. This is for the Tech. Rep. to adjust this machine. See p. 4-3 for the printer test print.
4-18 6. Settings in Admin. Management Admin. Management Mode The Admin. Management mode is for the administrator of your copier. When Admin. Management is selected, the message prompts you to enter the administrator number. NOTES • The administrator number is to be programmed by your Tech. Rep. Ask him/her for more details. •...
4-19 6. Settings in Admin. Management Functions of Admin. Management Administrator Set You can set the Max. Copy Sets and Disable Auto Shut Off functions. Copy Track You can set the Account No., Total Count, Size Count, Copy Limit and Access Code functions. User Help Set the help code to be transmitted by the user when a Data Terminal is mounted.
4-20 6. Settings in Admin. Management Administrator Set Max. Copy Sets Limit the number of copies or copy sets that can be made per job from 1 to 99. The initial setting is “OFF.” Enter the Copy Limit Value from the 10-key Administrator Set To show the key on...
4-21 6. Settings in Admin. Management Disable Auto Shut Off This function can disable the Auto Shut Off function. Select whether to enable (“Yes”) or disable (“No”) the Disable Auto Shut Off function. The initial setting is “No” (disable). Enter Touch Administrator Set To show the...
4-22 6. Settings in Admin. Management Copy Track This function allows the administrator to keep track of the number of copies made in the Copier mode and the number of prints made in the Printer mode for each account. Select whether to turn “ON” or “OFF” the Copy Track function for “Copier” or “Printer” and select the Copy Track method, either “100 Accounts”...
4-23 6. Settings in Admin. Management Setting Copy Track Initialize the Copy Track function data by Copy Track To show the key on the Enter touching Touch Panel, follow the steps given in “Setting Admin. Management.” p. 4-18 Copy Track Touch 1168P146CB NOTES...
4-24 6. Settings in Admin. Management Setting the Account Number You can change or program the Account Number only when “100 Accounts” is set. Copy Track To show the key on the Touch the key of the target account. Touch Panel, follow the steps given in “Setting Admin.
4-25 6. Settings in Admin. Management Programming the Access Code An access code can be programmed when “100 Accounts” is selected. Copy Track To show the key on the Touch the Access Code key of the target Touch Panel, follow the steps given in account.
4-26 6. Settings in Admin. Management Setting a Copy Limit for Each Account A limit for the number of copies made can be set for each account when “100 Accounts” is selected. Copy Track To show the key on the Touch the Copy Limit key of the target Touch Panel, follow the steps given in account.
4-27 6. Settings in Admin. Management Clearing Counters for Each Account A counter can be cleared for each account when “100 Accounts” or “1000 Accounts” is selected. It is also possible to clear all counters of all accounts at once. Copy Track To show the key on the...
1. When the Message “The current Paper Drawer is empty.” Appears When the drawer currently selected for use runs out of paper, the message shown on the left appears. The current copy cycle is interrupted and you cannot start a new copy cycle. The blinking drawer has run out of paper.
1. When the Message “The current Paper Drawer is empty.” Appears OHP/Card Slide the Drawer back in. Touch 1166O081AA 1168P157DC Change Touch on the 1st Drawer Paper Select screen. Useful Tip Card Select when labels have been loaded. Select the type of paper and touch Enter 1168P155DC Touch the key of the desired paper size.
1. When the Message “The current Paper Drawer is empty.” Appears <Using Inch Size Paper> <Using Nonstandard Size Paper> When you want to use inch size paper, touch • When you use a nonstandard size paper, touch Inch on the screen given in step 7 and you Custom Size on the screen given in step 7 have a screen that allows you to select an inch...
1. When the Message “The current Paper Drawer is empty.” Appears 2nd Drawer Paper Feed Unit PF-108 Slide out the drawer. Slide out the drawer. 1171U016AA 1171U016AA Load the paper stack into the Drawer so that Load the paper stack into the Drawer so that its front side faces up.
1. When the Message “The current Paper Drawer is empty.” Appears Paper Feed Unit PF-110 Slide out the drawer. Pinch the tabs on the Edge Guide and Trailing Edge Stop and slide them to the exact size of the paper loaded. 1166O082AA Press the Paper Lifting Plate down until it 1166O085AB...
1. When the Message “The current Paper Drawer is empty.” Appears <When turning the Paper Setting Dial to “User Set”> Turning the Paper Setting Dial to “User Set” accesses a screen from which you can choose an alternative paper size. 1168P184DB Touch the desired paper size and then touch Enter...
1. When the Message “The current Paper Drawer is empty.” Appears Large Capacity Cabinet Slide out the drawer. Load another paper stack into the left half of the drawer, front side face up. Press the leading edge of the paper stack tightly up against the left side of the Drawer.
1. When the Message “The current Paper Drawer is empty.” Appears...
5-10 2. When the Message “Add Toner.” Appears The message “Please add toner.” appears when toner is soon running out. You can still make copies, but the image density will become lighter and lighter. It is recommended therefore that you replace the Toner as soon as possible When toner has run out, the message shown below appears and you can no longer start a new copy cycle.
5-11 2. When the Message “Add Toner.” Appears With the Seal on the Toner Bottle facing up, NOTES slowly peel off the Seal as illustrated. • Use ONLY the specified toner for this copier. Using any other toner could result in trouble. •...
5-12 3. When the Message “Please change Imaging Unit.” Appears The Imaging Unit life will expire within approx. 5000 images after the message on the left appears. After approx. 5000 images the machine will cease operation until a new Imaging Unit is installed. Please call your technical representative for a replacement Imaging Unit.
5-13 3. When the Message “Please change Imaging Unit.” Appears Align the green labels on the new Imaging Unit with those on the rails in the copier, then slide the Imaging Unit into the copier. 1166O254AA Holding onto the green hooks of the Imaging Unit, push the Imaging Unit all the way into the copier until a click is heard.
5-14 4. When the Message “Stapler Empty.” Appears The message shown on the left appears when the staples are running out. Reload the Staple Cartridge with a new clip by following the procedure given below. 1168P165DD Reloading the Staple Cartridge Slide the Finisher/Mailbin Finisher away While pressing down the green lever, pull out from the copier.
5-15 4. When the Message “Stapler Empty.” Appears Insert the new Staple Cartridge into the Slide the Finisher/Mailbin Finisher back Stapler Unit until it clicks into place. against the copier. 1166O176AA 1166O130AB Align the arrows and firmly push the Stapler Unit down into the well.
5-16 5. When the Message “A paper misfeed has been detected.” Appears If a paper misfeed occurs during a copy cycle, the message shown on the left appears and that particular copy cycle is stopped in the middle of operation. Clear the misfed sheet of paper according to the procedure given below.
5-17 5. When the Message “A paper misfeed has been detected.” Appears Misfeed Clearing Procedures Manual Bypass Tray Duplex Unit Unlock and open the Right Door. Open the Duplex Unit. 1166O180AA 1166O158AA Slowly and gently pull out the sheet of paper. CAUTION NEVER touch the electrical contacts inside the right door and underneath the Imaging...
5-18 5. When the Message “A paper misfeed has been detected.” Appears Copier Open the right Side Panel and flip down the Reload the paper stack in the drawer and transparent paper guide. slide the drawer back into the copier. 1166O138AA 1171U020AA Slowly and gently pull out the sheet of paper.
5-19 5. When the Message “A paper misfeed has been detected.” Appears Slowly and gently pull out the sheet of paper. Close the Right Door. 1166O231AA NOTE Do not take out the Imaging Unit at this time. CAUTION The area around the Fusing Unit is very hot.
5-20 5. When the Message “A paper misfeed has been detected.” Appears Duplexing Document Feeder Open Misfeed Clearing Guide Remove the paper on the Original Glass and lower the Duplexing Document Feeder. 1166O256AA 1166O147AA Unload the originals from the Duplexing Document Feeder and gently pull out the Close Misfeed Clearing Guides original.
5-21 5. When the Message “A paper misfeed has been detected.” Appears Finisher and Mailbin Finisher Slide the Finisher/Mailbin Finisher away Open Misfeed Clearing Guide from the copier. 1166O168AA 1166O165AA Open the Transport Unit Cover. CAUTION Metallic parts inside the Misfeed Clearing Guide are very hot.
5-22 5. When the Message “A paper misfeed has been detected.” Appears Open Misfeed Clearing Guide Remove the sheet of paper and close Misfeed remove the sheet of paper. Clearing Guide 1166O171AA 1166O174AA Open Misfeed Clearing Guide Close Misfeed Clearing Guide the right side of the Mailbin Finisher.
5-23 5. When the Message “A paper misfeed has been detected.” Appears Raise Misfeed Clearing Guide remove the sheet of paper. 1166O185AA Close Misfeed Clearing Guide Slide the Finisher/Mailbin Finisher back against the copier. 1166O176AA NOTE If a misfeed has occurred in the Stapler Unit, see “Clearing the Staple Misfeed”...
5-24 5. When the Message “A paper misfeed has been detected.” Appears Job Tray Unlock and open the Right Door. Gently pull out the sheet of paper. 1166O156AA 1166O158AA Close the Job Tray Door. CAUTION NEVER touch the electrical contacts inside the right door and underneath the Imaging Unit, as an electrostatic discharge may damage the copier.
5-25 5. When the Message “A paper misfeed has been detected.” Appears...
5-26 6. When a Staple Misfeed Occurs Clearing the Staple Misfeed Slide the Finisher/Mailbin Finisher away Push up the guide of the Staple Cartridge and from the copier. pull out one staple sheet. 1155O165AA 1166O177AA Press and turn the knob to open the cover at Return the guide back to its original position.
5-27 6. When a Staple Misfeed Occurs Press and turn the knob to lock the cover. NOTE After a staple misfeed has been cleared, the Staple Unit runs idly a maximum of about 10 stapling sequences without actually driving staples into paper. What the Staple Unit is doing is feeding a staple sheet to the required position.
5-28 7. When a Size Error Message Appears Clearing a Size Error After clearing a paper misfeed, the size error message shown below may appear. If the paper size setting for a drawer does not agree with the actual paper size loaded in the drawer, a paper misfeed can occur. 1168P186CA 1168P187CA NOTE...
5-29 7. When a Size Error Message Appears <Paper Feed Unit PF-110> Slide out the drawer. 1166O273AA Turn the Paper Setting Dial to the position corresponding to the current paper size loaded in the drawer. 1166O208DB Slide the Drawer back in. 1166O086AA...
5-30 8. What Does Each Message Mean? What does each message mean? Message Cause Action Malfunction detected. Call The copier malfunctioned and Call and inform your Technical your technical representative is unable to make copies. Representative of the code and provide code: being shown on the Touch Panel.
1. When This Type of Copy is Produced When this type of copy is produced Symptom Possible Cause Action The image is too light. The exposure level for the Auto Change the setting of “Auto Exposure mode is set at Exposure Level”...
1. When This Type of Copy is Produced Symptom Possible Cause Action The copy has lines. The Original Glass is dirty. Wipe the Original Glass clean with a soft dry cloth. p. 7-8 The Original Pad is dirty. Wipe the Original Pad clean with a soft cloth dampened with alcohol.
2. The Copier is not Functioning as Designed The copier is not functioning as designed Symptom Check for Action The Touch Panel shows nothing. Is only the Start key lit up green? The copier is in the Energy Saver mode or the LCD Back-light is off.
1. Specifications Specifications Copier Type Console/Desk Top Copier Platen Type Stationary Photo conductor Copying System Electrostatic Dry Powdered Image Transfer to Plain Paper Developing System Micro-Toning High-Grade System Fusing System Lamp-Heated Roller Resolution 600dpi Types of Original Sheets, Books and other three-dimensional objects Maximum Original Size : A3L Maximum Original Weight : 3kg Kinds of Paper...
1. Specifications Duplexing Document Feeder AFR-14 Document Feeding System Standard Mode : 1-sided original, 2-sided original Mixed Original Detection Mode : 1-sided Mixed Original Detection 2-sided Mixed Original Detection Single Feeding Mode : 1-sided original Kinds of Original Plain paper 1-sided original Mode : 50g/m to 110g/m...
1. Specifications Paper Feed Unit PF-108 PF-110 Kinds of Paper Plain paper (60g/m to 90g/m ), Recycled paper Paper Size A3L to B5 A3L to A5C Capacity 500 sheets (80g/m 250 sheets (80g/m Power Source Supplied from copier Power Consumption 10W or less Dimensions Width : 535mm...
1. Specifications Finisher FN-100 Types of Trays Top Offset Tray, Elevator Tray Modes Non-Sort Mode, Sort Mode, Group Mode, Staple Mode, Hole Punch Mode Kinds of Paper <Top Offset Tray> Non-Sort Mode • Plain paper (60g/m to 90g/m ), Recycled paper •...
1. Specifications Mailbin Finisher FN-500 Types of Trays Top Offset Tray, Elevator Tray, Mailbins (5 bins) Modes Non-Sort Mode, Sort Mode, Group Mode, Staple Mode and Hole Punch Mode Kinds of Paper <Top Offset Tray> Non-Sort Mode •Plain paper (60g/m to 90g/m ), Recycled paper •...
1. Specifications Job Tray JS-200 Type Stationary Number of Trays 2 Trays : Job Tray is the 1st tray. Copier exit tray becomes the 2nd tray. Mode Non-Sort Mode, Sort Mode and Group Mode Kinds of Paper <First Tray> • Plain paper (60g/m to 90g/m <Second Tray>...
2. Care of the Copier Cleaning Touch Panel Housing Panel Cleaning Mode enables you to clean the Wipe the surface of the housing clean with a soft Touch Panel when the Main Switch is ON. cloth dampened with alcohol. Press the Utility key and touch User Management 1166O097AA 1168P125CC...
2. Care of the Copier Document Transport Belt Original Pad Open the Document Feeder. Raise the Document Feeder or Original Cover. Wipe the surface of the Document Transport Belt clean with a soft cloth dampened with Wipe the surface of the Original Pad clean alcohol.
7-10 3. Function Combination Matrix Function Combination Matrix Function Set Last Basic Orig. Copy Paper Zoom Finishing Orig. Copy Function Set First Auto Paper Paper Feed Unit 1st Drawer (OHP/Card) Paper 1st Drawer (Plain) Manual Bypass Tray (OHP/Card) Manual Bypass Tray (Plain) Auto Size Zoom Optional Zoom...
7-11 3. Function Combination Matrix Function Set Last Orig. Copy Density Auxiliary Other Copy Function Set First Auto Paper F F F F F D D Paper Feed Unit 1st Drawer (OHP/Card) Paper 1st Drawer (Plain) Manual Bypass Tray (OHP/Card) Manual Bypass Tray (Plain) Auto Size Zoom...
7-12 3. Function Combination Matrix Conditions for Combined Functions : The functions can be used in combination with each other. : The functions cannot be set in combination. (The function set first takes precedence.) : The functions cannot be set in combination. (The function set last takes precedence.) : The functions can be set in combination.
7-13 4. Description of Paper Size and Zoom Ratio Table Description of paper size and zoom ratio table Paper Size Name Size (Metric) Size (Inch) 297mm 420mm 11-3/4” 16-1/2” 257mm 364mm 10” 14-1/4” 210mm 297mm 8-1/4” 11-3/4” 182mm 257mm 7-1/4” 10”...
7-14 Index Numeric Control Panel ..........2-12 Copy Paper Size ..........3-4 1 (2in1) 1 ............. 3-24 Copy Track ............. 4-22 100 Accounts ..........4-22 Copy Track Data ..........4-23 1000 Accounts ..........4-22 Cover .............. 3-34 10-key Pad ............. 2-12 Crisscross Grouping ........
7-15 Index Manual Bypass Copying ........3-7 Small Original Adjustment ......3-51 Manual Exposure ..........3-33 “Small” Originals ..........4-7 Margin ............3-27 Sort ..............3-16 Max. Copy Sets ..........4-20 Special Paper Setting ........3-6 Memory Recall ..........3-53 Specifications ...........7-2 Meter Count ............4-9 Staple ..............3-17 Misfeed Clearing Procedures ......5-17 Start Key ............2-12 Mixed Orig.