DC CURRENT MEASUREMENTS
CAUTION: Do not make current measurements on the 10A scale for
longer than 30 seconds. Exceeding 30 seconds may cause damage to
the meter and/or the test leads.
1. Insert the black test lead banana plug into the
negative (COM) jack.
2. For current measurements up to 200mA DC, set the
function switch to the 200mA DC position and insert
the red test lead banana plug into the (mA) jack.
3. For current measurements up to 10A DC, set the
function switch to the 10A range and insert the red
test lead banana plug into the (10A) jack.
4. Remove power from the circuit under test, then open
up the circuit at the point where you wish to measure
5. Touch the black test probe tip to the negative side of the circuit.
Touch the red test probe tip to the positive side of the circuit.
6. Apply power to the circuit.
7. Read the current in the display. The display will indicate the proper
decimal point and value.