1. Install the PRO22ULPS (Altronix AL400ULX) power supply and battery enclosure
per the supplied instructions.
2. Measure and install four mounting screws with heads smaller than .4" (1cm) using
proper techniques for the material on which the PRO22ENC1 or PRO22ENC2 is being
mounted. Use a rectangular screw pattern 12.1" H x 16" W (0.307m H x 0.4064m W).
Leave the screws exposed approximately 1/2" (1.27cm).
3. Open the door of the enclosure and place the hanging slots over the mounting screws.
Push the enclosure over the mounting screws and allow the screws to slide into the
slots. Finish tightening the mounting screws to securely hold the enclosure.
4. Run all appropriate wiring to the case. All cable shields should tie to the grounding lug
found on the top of the enclosure.
5. Install the required panels into the runners. The PRO22IC should be placed in the
right-most position. The PRO22EN ethernet card should be mounted on the PRO22IC
prior to mounting in the enclosure. See panel instructions.
6. Wire the readers, input and output connections.
7. CHECK ALL CONNECTIONS PRIOR TO POWERING UP THE ENCLOSURE AND
8. Wire the 12VDC, AC Fail, Battery Fail and tamper switch from the AL400ULX to the
enclosure. Make sure that the power supply is not powered up at the time.
9. Wire the 12VDC to the Panel on the far right first making sure that the polarity of the
wires are correct.
10. Wire the tamper switch, AC Fail and Battery Fail to assigned inputs.
11. Wire the PRO22ENC1 or PRO22ENC2 tamper switch to the tamper input located on
the first panel on the right.
12. The remainder of the panels can be manually wired for power and RS-485 communica-
tions using 18 AWG wire. The wires will be daisy-chained from one panel to the next
so the power and the communications are wired in parallel.
They may also be wired using the Auxiliary Rack Harness purchased with the equip-
ment. This will reduce wiring time in the field since the power and RS-485 communica-
tions between panels is factory-wired in a harness that plugs into the bottom two
connectors on each panel. The only field wiring required is the two wiring connections
of the red and black 12VDC cables connecting the Auxiliary Rack Harness and the
Rack Power Supply Harness.
13. CHECK ALL CONNECTIONS PRIOR TO POWERING UP THE ENCLOSURE AND
14. Wire the TCP/IP connection to the network HUB.
PRO-2200 Enclosure PRO22ENC1 & PRO22ENC2