Figures and illustrations in this User Manual are provided for reference only and may differ from actual product appearance.
Product design and specifications may be changed without notice.
This TV has functionality that lets it interact with a set-back box (SBB/STB) and with other TVs in a computer-controlled system for hotels and
other hospitality businesses.
Interactive : When the TV is powered-up initially, it sends a command to identify the connected SBB/STB. If it identifies the SBB/STB, the TV switches to
ONLINE mode which gives full control of the TV to the SBB/STB.
When the TV is in ONLINE mode, it stops accepting IR (Samsung remote) commands and acts according to the interface protocol.
Stand-Alone: If you are not using an SBB/STB and the TV cannot or does not identify an SBB/STB, you should switch the TV to STAND-ALONE mode
with restricted operation.
When this TV is in Hotel mode and is operated with an SBB/STB, it is in one of two states: ONLINE or STAND-ALONE
• In the STAND-ALONE state, the TV will act as a Hotel TV, but without active communication. This is to prevent guests from trying to cheat the system
by disconnecting the SBB/STB.
To set the options for Stand-alone or Interactive (Online) mode, refer to pages 19-23 (Setting the hotel option data : Menu Items.)
• You can restrict all (or some) operations to prevent guests from "cheating" the TV system.
• You can can set Volume limits and lock or unlock the Panel buttons.
Avoid displaying still images (such as jpeg picture files) or still image elements (such as TV channel logos, panorama or 4:3 format images, stock or news
bars or crawls) on the screen. Displaying still pictures continually can cause uneven screen wear, which will affect image quality. To reduce the chance that
this effect will occur, please follow the recommendations below:
• Avoid displaying the same TV channel for long periods.
• Always try to display a full screen image.
• Reduce brightness and contrast to help to prevent the occurrence of after-images.
• Use all TV features designed to reduce image retention and screen burn-in. Refer to the proper user manual section for details.
When you install the TV, maintain the distances shown below between the TV and other objects ((walls, cabintet sides, etc.) to ensure proper ventilation.
Failing to do so may result in a fire or problems with the TV caused by an increase in its internal temperature.
When using a stand or wall-mount, use parts provided by Samsung Electronics only.
If you use parts provided by another manufacturer, it may cause a problem with the product or cause the product to fall, leading to serioius injury.
Installation with a stand.
The appearance of the TV and its accessories may differ from the illustrations in this manual, depending on the TV.
Be careful when you touch the TV if it is on or has been on for a period of time. Some parts can be hot.
SBB/STB Online if one success
within 10 attempts
Still image warning
Ensuring Proper Ventilation
Poll Rate 20/sec
Installation with a wall-mount.
every 2 seconds