IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Please read instructions carefully before using IG-CL15U.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should be followed, including the following:
WARNING - To reduce the risk of electric shock, fire, or injury :
• Use only a 120 volt outlet.
• The Plasmacluster Ion Generator has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will
fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit into the outlet, reverse it. If it still does not fit,
contact a qualified electrician or service person. Do not alter the plug in any way.
• DO NOT use the unit if the power cord or plug is damaged, or the connection to the wall outlet is loosened.
• Periodically remove dust from the plug.
• DO NOT insert fingers or foreign objects into the air intake or air outlet.
• Always hold the plug and never pull on the cord when removing the power plug.
Electric shock and/or fire from short circuit may result.
• DO NOT remove the plug when your hands are wet.
• DO NOT use the unit near gas appliances or fireplaces.
• If the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent, a Sharp
Authorized Service Center or similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
• Be cautious when cleaning the unit.
Strong corrosive cleansers may damage the exterior.
• DO NOT operate when using aerosol insecticides or in rooms where there is oily residue, incense, sparks
from lit cigarettes, chemical fumes in the air, or in locations where the unit may get wet, such as a
• Only Sharp Authorized Service Center should service this Plasmacluster Ion Generator.
Contact the nearest Service Center for any problems, adjustments, or repairs.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or
mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or
instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
CAUTIONS CONCERNING OPERATION:
• Do not sit on the main unit and do not lean on it, it may cause injury or malfunction.
• DO NOT block the air intake and/or air outlet.
• DO NOT use the unit near or on hot objects, such as stoves or heaters or where it may come into contact
• Always operate the main unit in an upright position.
• Clean the exterior with a soft cloth only, otherwise the main unit surface may be damaged or cracked.
• Keep the main unit away from water.
• Avoid using in locations where the unit is exposed to condensation or drastic temperature changes.
Appropriate room temperature is between 32-95ºF(0-35ºC).
• Avoid locations where grease or oily smoke is generated, otherwise the main unit surface may crack as a
NOTE - Radio or TV Interference:
If this Plasmacluster Ion Generator may cause interference to radio or television reception,
try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the distance between the unit and radio/TV receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This product fulfils the requirement of the International standard CISPR 11.
In conformity with this standard, this product is classified as group 2 class B equipment.
Group 2 means that the equipment intentionally generates radio-frequency in the form of electromagnetic ra-
diation for electro-discharge machining equipment.
Class B equipment means that the equipment suitable to be used in domestic establishments.
3/7/11 10:58:16 AM
3/7/11 10:58:16 AM