Eight-Foot Rail Extension Kit
Close door end disconnect power to the garage door
opener before proceeding.
The trolley muBt be In down (¢l_ed
door) pos/t/on dutt_l
If you have a completatyinstalled
garage door opener, the rail/opener assembly must be taken
down, UP and DOWN Limitsmust be readjusted after
Opener hanging brackets will require repositioningdue to
increased rail fength.
H¢_/s/s a new/ltmtM/_
use the front (header) rail section,
chain/cable assembly, end longer emergency release rope in
this kit in place of those packaged with your garage door
opener. Complete the assembly, installation,and adjustment of
your opener according to your Owner's Manual.
/f th/s/s an eJdcUng/ns_//affon,
oon#nue as fo//o w_-
1. Pull down on the emergency release handle, then
disconnectthe trolley from the door arm,
2. Disconnectthe rail/opener assembly from the header
bracket and hanging brackets, and place it on the floor.
3. Remove the sprocketcover from the powerheed and set
4. Remove the outer nut (Figure 1) from the trolley shaft and
Disconnectthe two master link assemblies from the trolley
Remove idler putleyassembly and set aside.
7. Remove the chain/cable assembly and discard,
Remove the 1/4'-20xl-3/4 bolt and lock nut from the trolley
stop hole in the front rail and set aside.
Push the trolley back toward the opener head. Disconnect
the front rail section by using a screwdrivertip to pry up the
outer tab on each side of the rail (Figure 3), then slide it off
the canter rail, Discard the front rail.
10, Alignthe new front railwith the existing rail assembly,
keeping the small holes along the same edge, and the cut
cut =window* at the front (header) end. Be sure to keep it
fight side up:/he/_'erpu/lay bcCt hole above/he m'ndowis
larger on top of/he nut then on the bottom. Slide the front
railonto the assembly; tabs along the side will lock into
11. As a temporary trolley stop, clamp a Iocldngpliers onto the
rail, 8" from the center of the idler pulley hdle, as shown in
Figure 4. Slide the trolley assembly to this point.
12. Refer to your owner's manual to complete the assembly, re-
installationand adjustment of your opener
13. Replsce the old emergency ralsese rope with the new,
longer replacement rope.
14. Reconnect power and operate the door in the UP direction.
15. Increase the UP travel limit by turning the UP limit
adjustment screw in a clockwisedirection as shown on
label, One tum equals 2* of travel.
Header rail extension
8' ChakVCabla Assemb/y
Sears, Roebuck& Co.
All RIQttts ReMrv_d