Eight-Foot Rail Extension Kit
door opener before proceeding.
The _'oflay must he In down (closed door) position
during s=membly and Installation. If you have a
completely installed garage door opener, the rail/opaner
assembly must be taken down. UP and DOWN Limits
must be readjusted after installation.
Opener hanging brackets will require repositioning due
to increased rail length.
ff this Is a new Installation, use the front (header) rail
section, belt assembly, and longer emergency release
rope in this kit in place of those packaged with your
garage door opener. Complete the assembly,
installation, and adjustment of your opener according to
your Owner's Manual.
ff this Is an existing Installation,
€ontinue as follows:
1. Pull down on the emergency release handle, then
disconnect the trolley from the door arm.
Disconnect the rail/opener assembly from the
header bracket and hanging brackets, and place it
on the floor.
3. Remove the belt cap retainer from the opener
sprocket and set aside.
Disconnect the master link from the trolley threaded
shaft and belt; discard.
5. Remove the spring/nut from the trolley and discard.
6. Remove idler pulley assembly and set aside.
7. Remove the belt assembly and discard.
8. Remove the 1/4"-20xl-3/4 bolt and lock nut from the
trolley stop hole (see Figure 1) in the front rail and
9. Push the trolley back toward the opener head.
Disconnect the front rail section by using a
screwdriver tip to pry up the outer tab on each side
of the rail, then slide it off the center rail. Discard the
10. Align the new front rail with the existing rail assembly,
keeping the small holes along the same edge, and
the cut out =window" at the front (header) end. Be
sure to keep it right side up: the idler pulley bolt hole
above the _dndow is /arger on top of the rail than on
the bottom. Slide the front rail onto the assembly;
tabs along the side will lock into place.
11. As a temporary trolley stop, clamp a locking pliers
onto the rail, 8" from the center of the idler pulley
hole, as shown in Figure 2. Slide the trolley
assembly to this point.
12. Lay the new belt beside the rail as shown in Figure 3.
Grasp the end with the hooked trolley connector and
pass approximately 12" of belt through the window,
keeping the dbbed side toward the rail. Allow it to
hang while you complete the next two steps.
13. Replace the idler pulley, lock washer and nut. Rotate
it to be sure it spins freely. Grease the center if
14.Replace the the 1/4"-20xl-3/4
bolt and lock nut into
the trolley stop hole.