ConSUmer SaFeTY inFormaTion
This appliance is intended for household use only.
Special Cord Set instructions
a) A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce risks resulting from becoming
entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
b) Longer detachable power-supply cords or extension cords are available and may be
used if care is exercised in their use.
c) if a long detachable power-supply cord or extension cord is used
1. the marked electrical rating of the detachable power–supply cord or extension
cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance.
2. if the appliance is of the grounded type, the extension cord should be a grounding-
type 3-wire cord, and
3. the longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the counter top or
table top where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
d) this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). to reduce the
risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. if
the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. if it still does not fit, contact
a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
to avoid possible burns from hot steam and water, never open the boiler cap
while there is pressure in the boiler. remove all pressure first.
to remove all pressure, proceed as follows:
1. turn the selector knob to the "o" position and unplug the appliance.
2. remove the filter holder and dispose of coffee grounds.
3. re-install the filter holder and the empty carafe.
4. turn the steam selector control knob to the "cup" position and allow all pressure
and residual water to completely drain off into the carafe until all flow and
sound ceases. the pressure is now removed.