1. unplug the appliance power cord.
2. Clean the steam nozzle immediately after foaming milk by allowing the appliance
to produce steam for another 1-2 seconds, which will clear the nozzle. remove
the plastic cover by pulling it free. the metal steam nozzle underneath can be
unscrewed in a counter-clockwise direction. Wipe nozzle with a damp cloth. Clean
the nozzle with a needle if it is still blocked. the nozzle must be screwed on again
in a clockwise direction. tighten using reasonable force.
3. the carafe, carafe lid, filter basket, reservoir plate and drip tray can be washed
with soapy water or placed on the top rack only of your dishwasher.
CaUTion: Do not immerse machine in water. Do not remove boiler cap while
machine is under pressure. see section CaUTion PreSSUre.
4. After the pressure has been released, remove boiler cap. Discard the remaining
water through the top opening of the water tank. screw the boiler cap back
5. Always empty the water tank of any water between uses.
6. Wipe housing with a soft wet cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads
as they will scratch the finish.
7. Do not store the filter holder on the machine. this can adversely affect the fit
while brewing espresso.
mineral deposit build-up in the espresso maker will affect the operation of the
machine. Your espresso maker must be delimed when you begin to notice an
increase in the time to brew espresso, or when there is additional steaming. Also,
you will notice a build up of while deposits on the surface of the brew head. the
frequency of cleaning depends upon the hardness of the water used.
the following table gives the suggested cleaning intervals.
SUggeSTed CLeaning inTerVaL
Type of water
every 80 brew cycles
every 40 brew cycles