WL-566gM Wireless Router User Manual
Setting IP Manually
To set IP address manually, you need to know the
default settings of the ASUS Wireless Router:
• IP address 192.168.1.1
• Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
To set up the connection with a manually assigned
IP address, the address of your PC and the wireless
router must be within the same segment:
• IP address of your PC is 192.168.1.xxx (xxx can
be any number between 2 and 254. Make sure
the IP address is not used by other device)
• Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0 (same as the
ASUS Wireless Router)
• Gateway 192.168.1.1 (this is the ASUS Wireless Router)
• DNS 192.168.1.1 (ASUS Wireless Router IP address or your own).
3) Conﬁguring the wireless router
Enter the following address in your
web browser: http://192.168.1.1
After logging in, you can see the ASUS Wireless Router home page.
The homepage displays quick links to conﬁgure the main features of the wireless router.
User name: admin