The safety standards of AEG electric appliances are in keeping with the
recognised rules of technology and the law governing the safety of
appliances. Nevertheless as a manufacturer we are committed to famil-
iarise you with the following safety instructions:
Prior to initial start-up
• Observe the "Installation and Connection Instructions" below in
these user instructions.
• If the appliance is delivered during the winter and temperatures are
below freezing, allow the appliance to stand at room temperature for
24 hours before operation
• The washing machine is intended exclusively for the washing of nor-
mal household washing in the home. If the appliance is used for pur-
poses other than those intended, or if it is improperly operated, the
manufacturer can assume no liability for damages which may occur.
• Additions or modifications to the washing machine are strictly for-
bidden due to safety reasons.
• Use only those detergents which are suitable for the washing
machine. Observe instructions provided by the detergent manufac-
• Laundry to be washed may not contain any flammable solvents. This
must also be taken into consideration when washing pre-washed
• Do not use the washing machine for dry-cleaning.
• Dyes and bleaches may only be used in the washing machine if such
use has been expressly endorsed by the manufacturer of these prod-
ucts. We can assume no liability for damages which may occur.
• Use tap water only. Rain water and industrial water may only be used
if they fulfil requirements in accordance with DIN1986 and DIN1988.
• Damage due to frost is not covered by the guarantee! If the washing
machine is located in a room in which below freezing temperatures
might occur, emergency draining must be carried out if danger of
freezing occurs (see "Emergency Draining"). Furthermore, the inlet
hose must be disconnected from the tap and laid on the floor.