Create Logical Drives
You can now begin creating logical drives on the disk array. Creating logical drives makes array capacity
available to the operating system. Each logical drive appears to the host as a physical disk device. Defining the
necessary logical drive structure for the cluster should have been done as part of the shared storage planning
1. Select the disk array from the Array List window.
2. Click the Logical Drive button on the toolbar.
3. Click Create... to display the Create Logical Drive window. If there is no remaining unallocated
capacity on the disk array, the Create... option will not be available.
4. In the Logical Drive Number field, select the number of the new logical drive.
5. In the Logical Drive Size field, enter the desired size of the logical drive.
6. Click Create.
7. Repeat these steps until you have created all the logical drives you need.
To part 6 of the HP NetServer Microsoft Cluster Installation Guide
During installation and configuration of the disk array hardware, logical drive 0 was
created on the disk array. This logical drive is reserved for exclusive access by the
SureStore Manager software and should not be formatted or used for data storage.