IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS !
When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always
be followed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using this sewing computer. When the sewing
computer is not in use, it should be disconnected from the electricity supply
by removing the plug from the outlet.
To reduce the risk of electrical shock:
1. An appliance should never be left
unattended when plugged in.
2. Always unplug this sewing computer from
the electrical outlet immediately after
using and before cleaning.
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock
or injury to persons:
1. Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close
attention is necessary when this sewing
computer is used by or near children and
2. Use this sewing computer only for its
intended use as described in this manual.
Use only attachments recommended by
the manufacturer as contained in this
3. Never operate this sewing computer if:
• it has a damaged cord or plug,
• it is not working properly
• it has been dropped or damaged,
• it has fallen into water
Return the sewing computer to the
nearest authorized BERNINA dealer or
service center for examination, repair,
electrical or mechanical adjustment.
4. Never operate the sewing computer with
any air vents blocked. Keep ventilation
openings of the sewing computer and
foot controller free from accumulation of
lint, dust and fabric remnants and the like.
5. Keep fingers away from all moving parts.
Special care is required around the sewing
6. Always use the BERNINA original stitch
plate. The wrong plate can cause needle
7. Do not use bent needles.
8. Do not pull or push fabric while stitching,
which may deflect the needle, causing it
9. Turn power switch to «0" (off) when
making any adjustments in the needle
area, such as threading or changing the
needle, threading the bobbin or changing
the presser foot etc.
10. Always unplug the sewing computer from
the electrical outlet when removing
covers, lubricating or when making any
other user servicing adjustments
mentioned in this instruction manual.
11. Never drop or insert any object into any
openings on the sewing computer.
12. Do not use the sewing computer
13. Do not operate where aerosol (spray)
products are being used or where oxygen
is being administered.
14. To disconnect, turn all controls to the off
(«0") position then remove the plug from
15. Do not unplug by pulling on the cord,
instead, grasp the plug before pulling.
16. No responsibility will be taken on behalf
of BERNINA for any possible damage as
the result of misuse of the sewing
17. Under no circumstances should the
sewing computer be left unattended
when using the embroidery module.
18. This sewing computer is provided with
double insulation (except USA / Canada).
Use only identical replacement parts. See
instructions for servicing of double-
In a double-insulated product, two systems of
insulation are provided instead of grounding.
No grounding means is provided on a double-
insulated product nor should a means for
grounding be added to the product. Servicing
a double-insulated product requires extreme
care and knowledge of the system and should
only be done by qualified service personnel.
Replacement parts for a double-insulated
product must be identical to those parts in the
product. A double insulated product is
marked with the words «DOUBLE
INSULATION" or «DOUBLE INSULATED".
may also be marked on the
This sewing and embroidery computer is
intended for household use only.