Before Calling Service
Please make these simple checks before calling service. These tips may save
you time and money as charges for receiver installation and adjustments of
customer controls are not covered under your warranty.
"Ghost " or double
image when using the
Good picture but no
Good sound but poor
Snowy picture and
noise when using the
Presence of a
horizontal dotted line
Display not responding
via the remote control
Items To Check And Actions To Follow
* This may be caused by an obstruction to the antenna due
to high rise buildings or hills. Using a highly directional
antenna may improve the picture.
* Check to see if the display's AC power cord is plugged into
* Unplug the display and after 60 seconds reinsert the plug
into the outlet and power on the display.
* At the rear of the display make sure the antenna
connection is properly attached.
* Check to see if there is a station broadcast problem by
trying multiple channels.
* Adjust the contrast and brightness settings.
* Check the Closed Caption settings as some text modes
may block the visibility of the images on the display.
* Increase the VOLUME.
* Confirm that the display is not muted by pressing the
MUTE button on the remote control.
* Adjust the contrast, color and brightness settings.
* Poor picture quality may occur when an activated S-VHS
camera or camcorder is connected to your display and
another peripheral at the same time. Switch off one of the
* Check the antenna connection and signal.
* This may be caused by electrical interference (e.g.
hairdryer, nearby neon lights, etc.).
* Power cycle the equipment by turning off and then turning
* Determine if the batteries are working and replace
batteries if necessary.
* Clean the remote control sensor lens on the display.
* If necessary, utilize the buttons located on the side of the
* Select the TV mode to ensure your remote control is set in
the TV mode.