• If your computer has a USB keyboard and a
USB mouse as standard equipment, leave
them connected and connect the camcorder to
an available USB jack with the USB cable
• Operation is not guaranteed if you connect two or
more USB devices to the computer.
• Operation is not guaranteed if you connect the USB
cable to the USB jack on a keyboard or USB hub.
Make sure to connect the cable to the USB jack on
• Operation is not guaranteed on all the recommended
Connecting with an i.LINK cable
(optional) (DV format models only)
Connecting to a Windows computer
to i.LINK (IEEE1394)
The location of the
DV Interface varies
depending on the model. Refer to the separate
Camera Operations Guide supplied with your
camcorder for the location.
To disconnect the i.LINK cable
Turn off the power of the camcorder and
disconnect the i.LINK cable from the
camcorder and computer.
• You can use other image editing software that can
read video signals to edit the recorded pictures. For
details on the operation of other software, refer to the
help files or the operating instructions of that