IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using your iron, basic safety precautions should
• READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
• Only use iron for intended use.
• To avoid the risk of electric shock, do not
immerse the iron in water or other liquids.
• Always turn the iron to MIN setting before
plugging in or unplugging from the outlet.
Never pull on the cord to disconnect from the
electrical outlet; instead grasp plug and pull
• Do not allow cord to touch hot surfaces. Let
iron cool completely before putting away.
Loop cord loosely around iron heel and clip
the cord together with the provided plug clip
• Always disconnect iron from electric outlet
before filling with or emptying water,
cleaning, and when not in use.
• Do not operate the iron if it has been dropped,
if there are visible signs of damage to the iron
or its cord, or if it's leaking. To avoid the risk of
electric shock, do not dissemble the iron; take
it to a qualified service person for examination
and repair, or call the appropriate toll-free
number on the cover of this manual. Incorrect
reassembly can cause risk of electric shock
when the iron is used.
• Close supervision is necessary for any
appliance being used by or near children. Do
not leave iron unattended when plugged in
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade
is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of
electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a
polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does
not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it
still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician.
Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
always be followed, including the following:
or on an ironing board.
• Burns can occur from touching hot metal parts,
hot water, or steam. Use caution when you turn
the iron upside down - there may be hot water
in the reservoir. Avoid rapid movement of iron
to minimize hot water spillage.
• The iron must be used and rested on a stable
• When placing the iron on its stand, ensure that
the surface on which the stand is placed is stable.
• This appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with reduced
physical, sensory, or mental capabilities,
or lack of experience and knowledge,
unless they have been given supervision or
instruction concerning use of the appliance
by a person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that
they do not play with the appliance.
• To avoid circuit overload, do not operate another
high wattage appliance on the same circuit.
• If an extension cord is absolutely necessary,
a minimum 10-ampere cord should be used.
Cords rated for less amperage can result in a risk
of fire or electrical shock due to overheating.
Care should be taken to arrange the cord so that
it cannot be pulled or tripped over.
Warning: This appliance is equipped with a
tamper-resistant screw to prevent removal of
the outer cover. To reduce the risk of fire or
electrical shock, do not attempt to remove
the outer cover. There are no user-serviceable
parts inside. Repair should be done only by
authorized service personnel.
Note: If the power supply cord is damaged, in
order to avoid a hazard, it should be replaced
by qualified personnel or in Latin America by an
authorized service center.