Read this first
In addition to CW-K85 operating precautions, these instructions
also include information about installing the software that comes
bundled with the CW-K85 and how to connect it to your computer.
For information about using the CW-K85 and the bundled
software, see printed documentation and the documentation
on the CD-ROM that come with the CW-K85.
Before using the CW-K85, see the safety precautions in the
CW-K85 User's Guide.
Keep these instructions in a safe place for future reference.
• CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD. shall not be held liable for any loss or
claims by you or any other person or entity that may arise through the
use of this product.
• Reproduction of this manual in any form, either in part or its entirety, is
forbidden without the express permission of CASIO COMPUTER CO.,
LTD. You are granted permission to use this software for your own personal
use. Any and all other use of this software without the express permission
of CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD. is forbidden under international
• The contents of the manual are subject to change without notice.
• Due to the time required for printing on paper, contents of the manual
may be outdated by the version of software supplied to you. Because of
this, the software and the contents of the displays it produces may be
different from those described in this manual, or some items described
in this manual may no longer be available.
• We recommend that you print on a disc* before you record anything on
it. Printing on a disc that already has data recorded on it can cause the
data to become corrupted.
• Note that CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD. shall not be held liable for any
loss or corruption of data on discs arising through the use of this printer.
* CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, etc.
• Microsoft, Windows and Windows NT are registered trademarks or trademarks of
Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
• Pentium is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States.
• Macintosh, Mac OS and TrueType are registered trademarks of Apple Computer,
Inc. in the United States and other countries.
• Adobe and Adobe Acrobat are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
• Other company and product names used herein may also be company and product
names of others.
Check to make sure all of the following items are included.
DISC TITLE PRINTER
Ink ribbon cassette
* Certain models may not include an AC adaptor and power cord. Such models
come with eight AA-size alkaline batteries.
You can use the CW-K85 to print directly onto discs.
■ Using the CW-K85 in a standalone configuration
The following standalone operations do not require installation of software or con-
nection to a computer.
• Take the CW-K85 along anywhere for easy on-the-spot label printing.
• Print directly onto discs.
■ Using the CW-K85 connected to a computer
The following operations require installation of software and a printer driver on your
computer, and connection of the CW-K85 to the computer.
• Layout labels as you view the results on your computer screen, and then print on
• Print directly onto discs.
Perform the following preparatory steps before using the CW-K85.
• For information about producing a test print, see "Label Printing Basics" in the
• Regardless of whether you are using the CW-K85 in a standalone configuration or
connected to a computer, you need to layout a label before you can print it.
• The procedure in the next section is to view the applicable user documentation for
the type of label you want to layout and print.
The CW-K85 comes with the two types of user documentation described below.
■ Printed Documentation
1 CW-K85 User's Guide
■ PDF File Documentation (CD-ROM)
2 DISC TITLE PRINTER Application User's Guide
The following table shows which documentation you need to check for each type of
When you want to do this:
• Print a disc label without connecting to a computer
• Connect to a computer and print a disc label
• All of the remaining procedures of this manual assume that the CW-K85 is
connected to your computer. See the User's Guide for information about
using the CW-K85 in a standalone configuration.
Before using the CW-K85 for the first time...
Initialize CW-K85 memory.
See "Initializing Printer Memory" of the User's Guide.
Load an ink ribbon cassette.
See "Loading and Removing an Ink
Ribbon Cassette" of the User's Guide.
Preparation is complete!
See this user documentation: