Install the rack console where the equipment can be easily operated, checked and serviced.
Consult with shipyard personnel and ship's officer-in-charge to determine best location. The
location must satisfy the following points:
• Select a location where controls can be easily operated.
• Select a location where shock and vibration are minimal.
• Locate the console away from water splash and rain.
• The temperature and humidity of the location should be both stable and moderate.
1. Ask shipyard personnel to tighten six M5 nuts or six M5 bolts to the fixing holes (on the
wall), referring to the outline drawing at the back of this manual.
2. Detach the cover assembly from the console.
3. Hang VHF console on bolts.
4. Screw the console with the bolts or nuts tightly.
5. Attach the cover assembly to the console.
Note: When you connect wires as soon as attaching console, refer to paragragh 2-10.
6. Attach the handset hanger with two screws.
7. To attach the optional emergency lamp, connect the cable to the terminal board, and
then attach the lamp to the console. Refer to the interconnection diagram and out line