before you call for service...
Suds in the tub
Rinse agent was spilled
Detergent placed in manual
detergent dispenser and
detergent left in
Dishes are blocking the
detergent cup or
Water in the
Cap not tightened after
filling the dispenser
black or gray
Aluminum utensils have
marks on dishes
rubbed against dishes
dishes don't dry
Low inlet water temperature
Rinse agent dispenser is empty
Control panel responded Door latch may not be properly
to inputs but dishwasher seated
never filled with water
Water valve may be turned off
Stained tub interior
Some tomato-based foods can
cause reddish stains
Tea or coffee stains
An overall yellow or brown film can • A special filter in the water supply line is the only way to correct
be caused by iron deposits in water
White film on inside surface—
hard water minerals
dishwasher won't run Fuse is blown or circuit breaker
Power is turned off
Control panel is locked
Reboot your control
What To do
• Use only automatic dishwasher detergents to avoid sudsing. Cascade
Automatic Dishwashing Detergents have been approved for use in all
• To remove suds from the tub, open the dishwasher and let suds dissipate.
Close and latch the dishwasher. Pump out water by touching the
STArT/rESET pad once; then 30 seconds later, touch the
STArT/rESET pad again. Repeat if necessary.
• Always wipe up rinse agent spills immediately.
• Use SmartDispense
• Reposition the dishes, so the water from the lower spray arm can
flush the detergent cup or the outlet on the SmartDispense
See the loading the dishwasher section.
• Use a turkey baster to remove as much water as possible from the
the cap fully to prevent water from entering the dispenser.
• Remove marks with a mild, abrasive cleaner.
• Make sure inlet water temperature is at least 120°F.
• Select HEATEd dry.
• Use HOT STArT, HOT WASH or AddEd HEAT options.
• Select a higher cycle, such as AnTI-bACTErIA, SAnI WASH or pOTS & pAnS.
• Check the rinse agent dispenser and fill as required.
• Make sure the door is firmly closed.
• Make sure water valve (usually located under the sink) is turned on.
• Use of the rInSE Only cycle after adding the dish to the load
can decrease the level of staining. GE recommends Cascade
plastic booster to help remove these types of stains.
• Remove the stain by hand, using a solution of 1/2 cup bleach
and 3 cups warm water.
Before cleaning interior, wait at least 20 minutes after a cycle for the
heating elements to cool down. Failure to do so can result in burns.
Antes de limpiar el interior, espere por lo menos 20 minutos después
de un ciclo para que los elementos calentadores se enfríen. No hacerlo
puede provocar quemaduras.
this problem. Contact a water softener company.
• GE recommends Cascade Crystal Clear
mineral deposits from forming.
• Run dishwasher with citric acid to remove mineral deposits. Citric acid
(Part number: WD35X151) can be ordered through GE Parts. See back
cover for ordering information.
• Replace fuse or reset circuit breaker. Remove any other appliances from
• In some installations, the power to the dishwasher is provided through a
wall switch, often located next to the disposer switch. Make sure it is on.
• Unlock control panel. See page 7, 9 or 11.
• Turn off power to the dishwasher (circuit breaker or wall switch) for
30 seconds; then turn back on.
or the manual detergent dispenser, but not both.
dispenser and refill it as normal. Be sure to tighten
to help prevent hard water