3.2 Installing hardware
Permitted number of communications processors in the PG/PC
The driver software supports a maximum of 2 communications processors per PG/PC, of
which a maximum of 1 communications processor may be in configured mode.
Automatic adaptation of the bus clock speed
The communications processor is designed for a bus clock speed of 66 MHz. If the
communications processor is inserted in a PCI slot with a higher bus clock speed, the bus
clock speed is adapted to the highest possible bus rate of the communications processor.
• The PCI slot is automatically reduced to a bus clock speed of 66 MHz.
• The bus clock speed of the communications processor is automatically reduced to 33 MHz
if a communications processor with a 33 MHz bus clock speed is connected.
• First install the software
First install the software before you insert the communications processor in the slot.
• Activated plug and play function
The plug and play function must be activated in the BIOS of your PG/PC.
Follow the steps outlined below when inserting the communications processor:
1. Turn off your PG/PC and pull the power cable connector.
2. Open the PC housing as described in the manual accompanying your PG/PC.
3. Remove the cover of a free PCI slot.
4. Remove the communications processor from its packaging.
5. Insert the communications processor in the PCI slot and secure it.
Make sure that the communications processor is correctly inserted and secured.
6. Close the PC housing as described in the manual accompanying your PG/PC.
7. Insert the power plug into the socket again and turn your PG/PC on.
The plug and play function of Windows automatically searches for a driver.
8. Follow the instructions of the Hardware Wizard of Windows.
Do not activate the search for drivers on the Internet.
Operating Instructions, 05/2021, C79000-G8976-C278-04