CReader 5001/6001 English User's Manual
Here we list some frequently asked questions and answers related to the tool.
1. Question: System halts when reading data stream. What is the reason?
Answer: It may be caused by a slackened connector. Please turn off the tool, firmly connect
the connector, and switch it on again.
2. Question: Screen of main unit flashes at engine ignition start.
Answer: Caused by electromagnetic disturbing, and this is normal phenomenon.
3. Question: There is no response when communicating with on-board computer.
Answer: Please confirm the proper voltage of power supply and check if the throttle has
been closed, the transmission is in the neutral position, and the water is in proper
4. Question: Why are there so many fault codes?
Answer: Usually, it's caused by poor connection or fault circuit grounding.
5. Question: How to do if the PC failed to identify the tool while upgrading the tool?
Answer: Generally, it mainly results from the incorrect installation of the update tool driver.
Double check the installation status of the USB driver by clicking "My Computer" ->
"Properties" -> "Device Manager" -> "Universal Serial Bus controllers". If installation failure
occurs, a failure icon will appear before the device name. In this case, re-install it.
If the USB driver is successfully installed on the PC, but the PC still cannot read the Serial
Number of the tool. Do the following steps:
1) Connect one end of the USB cable to the USB port of PC, and the other end to the tool.
2) Once the tool is powered up, a screen similar to the following figure appears.
3) Launch the update tool on your PC and a screen similar to the following figure appears: