HOB - CARE AND CLEANING
Refer to Safety chapters.
• Clean the hob after each use.
• Always use cookware with clean bottom.
• Scratches or dark stains on the surface
have no effect on how the hob operates.
• Use a special cleaner applicable for the
surface of the hob.
• Wash stainless steel parts with water,
and then dry them with a soft cloth.
Cleaning the hob
• Remove immediately: melted plastic,
plastic foil, and food with sugar. If not,
the dirt can cause damage to the hob.
• Remove when the hob is sufficiently
cool: limescale rings, water rings, fat
stains, shiny metallic discoloration.
Clean the hob with a moist cloth and
some detergent. After cleaning, rub the
hob dry with a soft cloth.
• To clean the enamelled parts, cap and
crown, wash them with warm soapy
water and dry them carefully before you
put them back.
Cleaning the spark plug
This feature is obtained through a ceramic
ignition candle with a metal electrode. Keep
these components well clean to prevent
difficult lighting and check that the burner
crown holes are not obstructed.
The pan supports are not resistant to
washing in a dishwasher. They must
be washed by hand.
1. Remove the pan supports to easily
clean the hob.
Be very careful when you replace
the pan supports to prevent the
hob top from damage.
2. The enamel coating occasionally can
have rough edges, so be careful when
you wash the pan supports by hand and
dry them. If necessary, remove
stubborn stains with a paste cleaner.
3. After you clean the pan supports, make
sure that they are in correct positions.
4. For the burners to operate correctly
make sure that the arms of the pan
supports are aligned with the centre of
Speak to your local Authorised Service
Centre periodically to check the conditions
of the gas supply pipe and the pressure
adjuster, if fitted.