Electrical Connection Options
If your home has:
And you will be
A UL listed,
(NEMA type 14-30R)
A UL listed,
(NEMA type 10-30R)
*If local codes do not permit the connection of a frame-grounding
conductor to the neutral wire, go to "Optional 3-wire
4-wire connection: Power supply cord
IMPORTANT: A 4-wire connection is required for mobile homes
and where local codes do not permit the use of 3-wire
1. 4-wire receptacle (NEMA type 14-30R)
2. 4-prong plug
3. Ground prong
4. Neutral prong
5. Spade terminals with upturned ends
6. ³⁄₄ in. (1.9 cm) UL approved strain relief
7. Ring terminals
Go to Section:
1. Remove center terminal block screw.
2. Remove appliance ground wire (green with yellow stripes)
from external ground connector screw. Fasten it under center,
silver-colored terminal block screw.
1. External ground connector - Dotted line shows position
of NEUTRAL ground wire before being moved to center
terminal block screw
2. Center silver-colored terminal block screw
3. Green/yellow wire of harness
3. Connect ground wire (green or bare) of power supply cord to
external ground conductor screw. Tighten screw.
4. Connect neutral wire (white or center wire) of power supply
cord under center screw of the terminal block.
1. External ground connector
2. Green wire of power supply cord or bare copper wire
3. ³⁄₄ in. (1.9 cm) UL-listed strain relief
4. Center silver-colored terminal block screw
5. Neutral wire (white or center wire)
6. Neutral grounding wire (green/yellow)
5. Connect the other wires to outer terminal block screws.
6. Tighten strain relief screws.
7. Insert tab of terminal block cover into slot of dryer rear panel.
Secure cover with hold-down screw.