4-wire connection: Direct Wire
IMPORTANT: A 4-wire connection is required for mobile homes
and where local codes do not permit the use of 3 wire
Direct wire cable must have 5 ft (1.52 m) of extra length so dryer
can be moved if needed.
Strip 5 in. (12.7 cm) of outer covering from end of cable, leaving
bare ground wire at 5 in. (12.7 cm). Cut 1¹⁄₂ in. (3.8 cm) from 3
remaining wires. Strip insulation back 1 in. (2.5 cm). Shape ends
of wires into a hook shape.
When connecting to the terminal block, place the hooked end of
the wire under the screw of the terminal block (hook facing right),
squeeze hooked end together and tighten screw.
1. Remove center terminal block screw.
2. Remove appliance ground wire (green with yellow stripes)
from external ground connector screw. Fasten it under center,
silver-colored terminal block screw.
1. External ground connector - Dotted line shows position
of NEUTRAL ground wire before being moved to center
terminal block screw
2. Center silver-colored terminal block screw
3. Green/yellow wire of harness
3. Connect ground wire (green or bare) of power supply cable to
external ground conductor screw. Tighten screw.
4. Place the hooked end of the neutral wire (white or center wire)
of power supply cable under the center screw of terminal
block (hook facing right). Squeeze hooked end together.
1. External ground connector
2. Green wire of power supply cord or bare copper wire
3. ³⁄₄ in. (1.9 cm) UL-listed strain relief
4. Center silver-colored terminal block screw
5. Neutral wire (white or center wire)
6. Neutral grounding wire (green/yellow)
5. Place the hooked ends of the other power supply cable wires
under the outer terminal block screws (hooks facing right).
Squeeze hooked ends together. Tighten screws.
6. Tighten strain relief screws.
7. Insert tab of terminal block cover into slot of dryer rear panel.
Secure cover with hold-down screw.
3-wire connection: Power supply cord
Use where local codes permit connecting cabinet-ground
conductor to neutral wire.
1. 3-wire receptacle (NEMA type 10-30R)
2. 3-wire plug
3. Neutral prong
4. Spade terminals with up turned ends
5. ³⁄₄ in. (1.9 cm) UL approved strain relief
6. Ring terminals
7. Neutral wire (white or center wire)